Chapter 76

For the last couple days you had been avoiding Draco at all costs. You were silent in Potions, skipped all your tutoring sessions, and went to meals late and left early.

You and Hermione were walking together from Muggle Studies when the classes on either side of you began to let out. The hallway crowded, and people jostled you and Hermione back and forth.

"Jeez, some people are so rude." You began, when someone yelled your name. You looked around and saw Draco's face within the crowd.

You muttered and looked away but he kept calling your name. Finally you turned around, about to go off.

"Polyjuice!" Was all Draco could yell to you before being swept away by the crowd.

Hermione looks at you. "Y/n, he said Polyjuice! That must mean Pansy used some to trick him."

You thought about it. "How would they get the ingredients for that? And where would they do it?"

Hermione grinned. "Follow me." She said, hurrying away from the crowd.

You followed her up a couple flights of stairs to an old abandoned bathroom with an "Out of Order" sign on it.

"In here?" You asked, disgusted.

"Yes." She said, pushing on the door. Sure enough, a cauldron sat abandoned in the middle of the room. A nasty smelling baby blue potion swirled inside.

"Polyjuice." Hermione said, stirring it. She smiled at you. "Your color is baby blue. Isn't that interesting?"

You shrugged, confused. "How'd they get my hair?"

"Probably one of them snatched it from you at breakfast."

You sank to the ground, relieved. "Thank god."

Hermione sat next to you and smiled at you. "At least now we know he wasn't kissing other girls."

***

Later that day you were sitting in the common room when Fred and George walked over.

"Y/n!" Fred said.

"Pansy seeing you here." George joked, and the two snickered and sat on either side of you.

You looked at the two. "How may I help you?" You asked.

"Well." Fred says.

"We have detention tomorrow." George says.

"Oh great, for what this time?"

Fred snickers.

"We dropped a bucket of slugs on Filch." George laughs.

You roll your eyes, smiling. "Only the two of you would do that."

George smiles. "But we've got even better news!"

"And what could that possibly be?"

"We heard your friend Mr. Malfoy has detention with us!" Fred says. "We could hex him, or give him some of our candies, or-"

You laughed. "I dunno if that's a good idea."

The twins just smirked. "Oh we'll see.  Toodeloo!"

With that the twins skipped off, out of the common room.

Harry replaced them as he walked down from his dorm.

"Hey, y/n." He said smiling, sitting next to you.

"Hey." You said.

"My game is tomorrow." Harry said slowly.

"Oh yes, I'll be coming." You smiled at him.

He smiled at you before looking at the ground. A breeze flew through the room and you shivered, your teeth chattering.

"Cold?" He asked.

"No, I'm shivering because it's too hot." You said sarcastically.

Harry chuckled before looking down at his Quidditch sweater. It had Gryffindor on the front with a Lion emblazoned on it. The back had Potter written in fancy letters.

"Take it." He said kindly, pulling it off.

"No! Harry I can't, this is your Quidditch sweatshirt-"

"No, it's fine. I have a ton. Take it, seriously." He pushed into your hands.

You looked at him. "Are you sure?"

He smiled at you and nodded. You pulled it over your head and let the sleeves fall over your hands. Harry looked at you, admiring your face.

You looked back at him, smiling. His eyes glistened and his lips formed a smile. As did yours.

Harry moved closer, slowly closing the distance between you. Your lips were centimeters apart when the common room door opened.

Fred and George walked in. "Y/n, we forgot to ask-" Fred began before he realized what was going on.

"Oops." George said. "Fred, let's let these two do their thing." They both smirked and sauntered out of the common room.

You and Harry looked at each other giggling before leaning into the couch and relaxing, letting all your worries float away.