The Quarantine Diaries: I

day one

addison's pov:

"Well this officially has to be the worst thing to come out of 2020" I groan, as we get to our room later that day. We both held a suitcase, and as Meredith swipes the room key, I realize just how shitty it was going to be. Two whole weeks in the same room as Meredith Grey, my husbands mistress.

Karma was a bitch.

The room itself was quite spacious, with two double beds on one side, facing a large flat screen tv, and a couch on the other. A small kitchenette was off to one corner, and what I assumed was the bathroom door, was on the opposite corner. I noticed at the end of each bed was a gift basket of some sort, probably complimentary from the hospital.

"At least it's big" Meredith says, the door falling shut behind me as I abandon my suitcase at the end of what I was dubbing my bed. The giftbasket was nice, a small little wicker basket with various things packed in; a deck of cards, a board game, some cross word books, a puzzle, a bottle of red wine, and a box of chocolates. There was a card perched on top, saying it was from the staff at the hospital. To keep you occupied it said with a smiley face. It was sweet, and I knew it must've been Izzie who had the others help make these.

"What's yours got in it?" She asks, rifling through her own "mine's got Uno, Clue, a sudoku book, some weird floral puzzle, a bottle of white wine, and a tin of cookies"

"A deck of cards, monopoly, a cross word book, a puzzle of some kittens in a basket, red wine, and some chocolates" I say, placing it all neatly back into the basket.

"They really went all out making sure we didn't have doubles of anything" Meredith smiles, reading her card.

"A little presumptuous to think we'll want to play board games together, but a sweet gesture nonetheless" I chuckle sarcastically, and she rolls her eyes at me, still smiling as she flopped unceremoniously down onto her bed.

"If you're bored enough, you'll learn to deal with me. I manage to deal with you at work" she points out. I know she has to act professional at work, she can't let her emotions towards me effect her job because I was her superior.

Here, it didn't matter. We were just two women who happened to fall in love with the same idiot who left us both for another woman.

It was only a matter of time before he left the cute little scrub nurse he managed to trick into marrying him.

"This isn't work" I mumble, as I go to explore the contents of the mini fridge.

"Look, I know this is like the sleepover from hell, I'm not looking to make friendship bracelets and braid each others hair, but I'm sick of the animosity between us" Meredith says from on her bed, her arms propped behind her head.

"At least there's booze" I sigh, seeing the mini bottles of alcohol in the fridge. Richards budget was going to have to take the L if I was being forced to room with Meredith for two weeks. I immediately began searching for something to make a gin and tonic, wanting to take the edge off of my mood "Do you want a drink?" I ask her, fishing several bottles from the fridge and placing them on the counter.

She snorts "is that even a question?"

I shrug, and search for two glasses. Thankfully, I found them easily, and filled them both with ice before pouring the gin on top. I opened a bottle of club soda, also found in the fridge, and topped them off.

"At least if the doctor thing doesn't work out, you can become a bartender" Meredith jokes, sitting up at I bring her over hers.

"You sound like my mother, only she ended it with 'trophy wife'" I snicker, going to sit on my own bed across from her.