Colours

Red

She had wild red curls, reds lipstick, red heels. Everything about her was red, red, red. Including her red hot personality, one she didn't mind showing off the second I'd met her.

"You must be the woman who's screwing my husband" she smiles sickly sweet at me, and I see the redness of rage creeping from her. She's pissed and I don't blame her; knowing I slept with a married man kind of makes me hate me too.

"Your what?" Is all I can get out, I feel like I'm choking on my tongue and all the moisture from my mouth is gone, leaving me dry and choked.

I knew I should've been thinking about Derek, but all I could focus on was her. She was in your face, beautiful but refined, a omniscient look on her face telling me that she knew more than I thought, and that I was not getting out of this unscathed.

I would be burned, and my skin would be red with blisters and sores by the end of this. Because wherever she went, she brought a wave of red with her.

Blue

"I cheated on my husband first"

Her eyes were big, crystal clear blue that reminded me of the way the sun reflects off of the water early in the morning. A dull sparkle barely made its way out, a sparkle that seemed to become more and more faded as time went on, a sparkle that used to be her whole eyes if I had to guess.

As she stands there, blue seeping out of her previously red-hot personality, the blue of despair and regret, I almost wish I knew her before all of this happened so I could see what those blue eyes looked like before the sparkle was nearly gone.

"You still didn't deserve what he did to you" I tell her, talking gently so I didn't seem to be targeting her vulnerable state "you did what you did, but that didn't give him any rights to do this. Tell me, Addison, if you killed a patient would that give me the right to do the same thing? Because you did it first?"

She looks at me, wide-eyed and seemingly surprised at my analogy. While I knew killing people was a far stretch from infidelity, a piece of everyone did die in the littlest ways. Derek was now a liar, the parts of him that were able to be honest and trusting were now dead. The parts of me that believed I could love and be loved without added baggage were stone cold gone. And the sparkle in Addison's eye, the blue sparkle, that was long gone.

Parts of everybody seemed to die, now we were all shrouded in shades of blue. Ice cold blue that reminded me every single day that I was alone.

And looking at her, I realized she was covered by a cloud of blue too, one that told me her heart was broken and she was left feeling less than before.

Pink

I noticed she turned pink now whenever I made eye contact with her. A light blush dusting her pale cheeks, making me smile.

And when I smiled, her eyes sparkled a little more.

"Are you blushing?" I tease her one night at Joe's. We'd reached a mutual understanding with one another and had become friends. We spent time together quite often, wether it be at work, at Joe's, at my place, at her hotel. We just never got tired of each other.

"You are so mean" she throws the olive from her martini at me, her slightly intoxicated aim missing my forehead by about an inch. "I'm not blushing, it's hot in here, I'm warm" she tells me, taking a long sip of her drink.

"It's hot cuz you're here" I wink, sipping my own drink. Pink dusted her cheeks again, and the aura of the room seemed to grow slightly more romantic. Everything seemed to be dusted with the pink of desire.