Lets blow this joint

"Let's blow this joint"

Meredith Grey had a mischievous twinkle in her eye and a smirk on her face as she leaned over the back of her chair to face me.

"We can't just leave" I whisper, gesturing to the people around us "we were sent here for this conference, we have to stay" as boring as it was, I knew we couldn't leave. We'd been stuck inside all day, the air conditioning was broken and the fans brought in were no match against the brutal Nevada heat.

"We can" Meredith points out "it's called getting up and walking towards the door, then out the door, and to the bar downstairs" I shoot her a look and she quickly covers her smart ass remark "this is about as interesting as watching paint dry and you know it" she tacks on quickly.

"This isn't a free vacation, its work" I sigh, quickly losing all willpower to fight against her and stay at this boring conference. It was too warm to have a hundred doctors all crammed into one room.

"You're sweating like a whore in church" Meredith whispers with a smile "let's go get some margaritas and hit the pool. It'll be nice" she tries to convince me, and my resolve is quickly faltering.

After a moment, Meredith shrugs. "Suit yourself" she gets up quietly and slips out of the room without anybody so much as batting an eye. Swearing under my breath, I quickly went after her, immediately feeling relief when my clammy skin was met with the cool air of the hallway.

I couldn't hear anything over the fans anyway.

~

"We are less than an hour away from Las Vegas, and we're stuck here" Meredith complains, as we sit at the bar downstairs. It was fairly empty considering it was eleven am on a Monday morning, the only other people present were two older women playing slot machines with lit cigarettes hanging from their mouths.

"It's not a vacation" I remind her again, sipping on my drink. "The hospital is paying for us to be in that conference right now" I felt guilty, considering travel expenses weren't exactly cheap. But the idea of sitting in that room with no air conditioning made me physically sick.

"Richard only sent us because he was invited himself and he knew this was too lame to bother coming to" She deadpans "he knows the main speaker or something, would've been rude not to send two decent doctors if he himself couldn't make it" Meredith mumbles, downing the rest of her drink.

"It's a waste of money" I sigh "I never thought I'd say this, but I miss Seattle. It's too dry here, I feel like I'm about to crust over" Seattle's rain was never something I was fond of, but surrounded by flat, dry Nevada air, I was missing the rain.

Meredith nods in agreement, and jumps up from her barstool. "Let's go hit the pool, we can have some fun and get a little tanned while we're here, make it a little bit less of a waste"

"I didn't bring a bathing suit" I tell her, standing up and following her out "I wasn't expecting to be doing anything besides work" it was true, I wasn't packing with a vacation in mind. I was packing for three days worth of conferences which meant pencil skirts, blouses, blazers and pants suits.

"There's a gift shop here, I'm sure they've got something you can make work"

Those words were concerning enough, while also being the sole cause for my sitting next to the pool in a bathing suit covered in tiny cacti with 'I 💚 Nevada' across the ass.

"I look like an overgrown teenager" I complain, putting on my sunglasses "this bathing suit is awful"

Meredith laughs, and stretches out on the chair next to me, sporting a sleek black bikini and some sunglasses of her own. She'd come prepared, which meant her ass didn't suffer the same fate as mine, which now 💚'ed Nevada.

"You look pretty cute" she says with a smile "cacti suit you; brings out your eyes" she says, dead seriously, causing me to laugh.

"Never in a million years would I have thought I'd be here, in a cacti bikini, slightly buzzed before noon, with you" I say, sipping my margarita. I knew if I kept drinking the way I was, I'd be passed out cold before dinner. I didn't mind, though, in fact, I was thoroughly enjoying myself.

"I'm sure you'd rather be in that sweaty conference room listening to Dr. Dumbass drone on and on about some kind of bullshit that nobody is overly interested in" she quips sarcastically "I know being out here by the pool looking absolutely adorable in a cacti bikini is so much worse"

I laugh, and shake my head. "I'm having the time of my life. I love Nevada"

"I knew that. I checked out your ass on the way over here and it does say, believe it or not, that you 'heart' Nevada" Meredith winks at me, prompting me to roll my eyes.

"Meredith Grey you are a piece of work"

She shrugs nonchalantly "What happens in Nevada stays in Nevada" she leans over so that she's whispering right in my ear "unless you wanna bring it back to Seattle"

Meredith had flirted with me before, she was a notorious flirt. But this crossed flirting, this had ventured into the zone of propositioning. And while shivers ran down my spine, I knew this proposition had to be denied.

"There's nothing to take back to Seattle because nothing is happening to Nevada" I tell her sternly. Instead of backing up like I'd expected, she just manages to move a little closer.

"So if I kissed you right now, you'd be perfectly content to not do anything else?" She questions, voice low and sensual. I could feel my skin heat up, but it wasn't from the sun. The sweltering heat had nothing over Meredith.

I didn't answer her, instead I turned to face her and shrugged with one eyebrow raised.

Without missing a beat, she was kissing me. Soft lips hard against my own, sliding together in a way I never knew lips could. She was magic, wrapped up in her lips I was convinced were the secrets to the universe.

Sparks shot throughout my whole body, as if I'd turned into a Fourth of July firework. I didn't realize how long I'd wanted Meredith to kiss me until she was kissing me, and everything seemed to melt away.

"Isn't this better than sitting in a sweaty conference room?" She says with a smirk.

"Definitely"