S2E2

A one shot I wrote bc I'm re-watching greys and I watched this episode and couldn't help myself lol 😊 thank you guys for your support, I don't say enough how grateful and appreciative I am for all of your kind words and comments (the funny ones always give me a laugh😂). I hope you enjoy my latest creation!

My life was was mess. Plain and simple, I was a walking hazard and I  should come with my own caution sign. Everything was messy and complicated, and the only thing that seemed to make it disappear was distracting myself with work.

Today's distraction had swallowed ten Judy doll heads, each one definitely larger than one comfortable mouthful. It was quite the event, disturbing, yet amusing.

Bailey and I had just finished talking to the shrink they'd sent from psych; he didn't have a direct answer as to why ten judy dolls were swallowed by our patient, but nonetheless we all agreed the man was mentally unstable.

"Dr. Grey, may I speak with you for a moment?" The silky smooth voice of Addison Shepherd rang in my ears, and i felt my heart race. I didn't know what she wanted, but I did know this conversation would be awkward at best.

"Don't look at me" Bailey says, backing up, when I look to her for an easy escape route. The last thing I wanted to do was deal with the gorgeous hurricane that was Addison.

With a sigh, defeated, I turn and follow Addison as she walks down the hall.

"I assume he told you why he left me?" Shes straight to the point; no muss, no fuss. She was perhaps the one thing about this situation that wasn't messy; Derek didn't tell me he was married, he refused to talk about his marriage besides the one conversation he owed me. I knew nothing about him, but somehow, I felt like I knew everything about her.

"Dr. Shepherd, with all due respect, this has nothing to do with me" I didn't want to talk to her about this, I didn't want to take a side. I couldn't act like she was the bad guy, when I slept (unknowingly) with her husband.

"Really? So you didn't take him back. Good girl" her eyebrows raised in amusement, a small smirk threatening to break out upon her gorgeous face. (Goddamn,of all people Derek was married to it had to be her).

Good girl.

That caught me off guard. I wasn't expecting her to sound so...

My mind went blank. I didn't know what to think. And to put it frankly, I didn't expect myself to find her quite so...

Attractive.

I sighed to myself; I didn't need this. I didn't need to feel this burn in me when I looked at her, and I didn't need her talking to me and praising me. I didn't need this on top of all the other shit I had to deal with.

"And in the future, I'd appreciate it if we could keep our relationship strictly professional" I say, not wanting to have to deal with her in any situation, let alone another personal one.

I turn to walk away, but her voice stops me.

"Meredith. Sometimes people do desperate things to get someone's attention"

I just looked at her, before turning and walking away. I couldn't pretend like I wasn't on fire when her eyes bored into me. I needed to breathe, so I headed down to the closest door for some fresh air.

My mind wandered to my own feeble attempts to grab my mothers attention as a child; eventually, I gave up but before I did I'd exhausted every tactic. Trying to hit her where it hurt most was my last.

I suppose it was hers as well.

~

Later on that day, after I'd gathered my bearings and cleared my mind during the removal of ten Judy doll heads, my mind wandered back to her.