Future of an Immortal part 7

Part 7

I walked behind Jaydon silently and thought about why he decided to come after me, even after he knew I wasn't trying to kill them. Plus, all I did was yell at him.

Just when I finally got the courage to ask him about it, he abruptly stopped in front of me so that I almost ran into him. He turned around suddenly. I couldn't read his facial expression, it looked blank to me.

He looked me in the eye and asked, "What did those people do to you?"

"Huh?"

"I mean, you said you were taken and used for experiments," He looked down while saying this.

He probably felt ashamed for asking something like that so suddenly.

But seriously, what was I supposed to say?

That they injected stuff into me, performed surgeries on me and refused to tell me why or what for?

I decided to go with a simpler version.

"They decided they wanted to play god, so they got into something they weren't supposed to and created a monster," I said while trying not to look at him.

"I don't know what they did, but you're not a monster. You've got to be insane if you think you are."

"So, now I'm not only a monster, but I'm insane?"

"Stop thinking like that!"

"I will because it's true!"

He slapped me across the face, not so hard that it would leave any sort of mark, but enough to get a good pinch.

We both stared at each other, he looked more angry, while I was just shocked.

Then I started fuming.

How DARE he?!?!?! 

"You blockhead! What's wrong with you!?" I shouted.

"You needed a wake up call! Maybe get some sense knocked into your puny and depressing head!"

Now he was gonna get it.

"I'm gonna kill you! You have no right to touch me!" I stormed. I stepped closer and punched him square in the jaw.

It was a little weird since he was taller than me, but I think it got my point across. 

"You're dead, he said way too calmly. I almost got freaked out by him, but then remembered I live forever. (oh, silly me!)

He looked like he was trying to hold in a chuckle, but I was just imagining that right? It was pretty dark anyway.

Then he did something I didn't expect.

He tackled me!

I hit the ground with a thud and looked up expecting to find an angry Jaydon.

Instead I found Jaydon grinning form ear to ear knowing that he had fooled me. What the heck?

"Seriously? You looked like you were gonna kill me!" I shouted letting my head drop against the rock I had landed on.

"You looked like you needed a bit of action in your dreary life, so here I am."

"On top of me?"

"Oh, sorry," he said looking a bit embarrassed.

He stood up and lent me a hand.

I took it and let him pull me up.

"Why did you do that?" I asked.

"Because you helped me before, so now I'm helping you," He replied, then added, "You know, whatever "monster" you think you are, we won't pull out torches and pitchforks and form a mob hunting you down right?"

I honestly didn't know.

One minute, it looks like he's trying to kill me and then it's "Just kidding!"

Ugh, this was the most complicated boy I have ever met.

He went on, "Really. I travel around with a sorcerer and a psychic, and I don't see The Hulk in front of me, so I wouldn't classify you as a monster."

 I looked up from the ground that I was staring at and into his eyes.

"I promise. We won't try to hurt or do anything to you," He said making it clear.

I stood there trying to process everything when I realized just how cold the air was.

The bitter air hit me like a wall, but I tried to ignore it. I didn't succeed very well and I ended up shaking like an idiot.

I tried to have my arms hug me to try to keep what little warmth I had. He noticed and tossed me his jacket that I didn't know he was holding.

i looked down at it. It was the same jacket as in the cave! That means it was him who tossed it to me in there. I looked questioningly up at him and he gave a grin knowing what I was asking, then he turned his back to me and started walking back to camp, which I'm sure we've been gone from for at least a few hours.

I felt content enough to trust him, But if he ever tries that again, I thought, He is so dead.

I laughed inwardly at my threat to him, and followed him back in a much better mood. At that point, I figured out that he had intentionally got me mad at him, to let me blow off some steam. I was instantly grateful that he had let me use him as my personal punching bag. He was sweet in his own way I guess.

I smiled and followed him back to get a little sleep after a long night.