Future of an Immortal part 21

Wow im actually updating this! Gosh it's been awhile! ok, so I'm gonna update this every sunday from now on. I really want to get back into my writing, cause I've been busy with all the other stuff that goes on in my life :(  ..... soooo I've never gotten how people can write like 30 pages in one go, I'm freakishly jealous of those people. It takes forever just to write this much! @.@ alright enough of my whining, carry on. Go, shoo, read.  jk :P (as you can see I've had sugar tonight) :D

Future of an Immortal part 21

Sam decided to go on his own somewhere, and Sapphire followed him. Garrett was nowhere to be found and Jaydon had also gone for a walk, so I couldn't help but copy Sapphire and follow him. I really wanted to talk to him for some reason. 

I got about three steps into my pursuit before he turned around and grinned.

   "Well, hello miss Adele."

   "Hi mister... something." I stopped and pretended like I was wondering who I was talking to. He rolled his eyes at me, so I acted like I was going to back to the camp. 

   "Are you coming?" He asked.

   "Sure why not," I said as if I really didn't care either way, but the truth was that I couldn't get my stomach to calm down. It just kept turning no matter how many times I told myself that I shouldn't care.

   I'm immortal, I can't like guys, thats just weird and technically, I'm an old lady! It's not right! 

Even then I couldn't stop myself from following him as we walked down some path made who knows how many years before.

We walked in silence for a few minutes, I was spending this time looking over everything that had happened, and my mind went back to the kiss before I was taken in the helicopter.

I felt my cheeks heat up and even though I berated myself for it, it wouldn't stop.

I turned away acting nonchalant about it until I felt it fade away... only to come back a moment later when I thought about it again.

Trying not to think about something is hard when it's all you can think about. 

I tried to come up with some sort of conversation before before he started thinking I didn't want to talk at all. Then I realized the sun was setting, so I used that to make some sort of conversation.

   "Uh-" I started talking at the same time as him.

   "Sorry," I said.

   "It's fine, what were you gonna say?" 

   "N-nothing. It doesn't really matter."

 Again, there I go acting nervous again! I have to stop being like that or someday I'm gonna slip up and say something I didn't want to.

   "Yes it does, otherwise you wouldn't have started saying it."

   "I was just going to say the sunsets here are a really pretty orange..."

Yea, I fail at conversations. I always have, except when it comes to talking my way out of jams. Then and only then am I pretty good under pressure.

   ''Funny, I was going to say the same thing."

 I looked up at him utterly confused. He didn't seem like one to talk about sunsets often.

   "Well, it's been awhile since I saw one, so I guess it just seems prettier to me," I chuckled.

 He turned to me and faltered before asking me questions about the place they took me.