Future of an Immortal part 25

I have this horrible feeling people want to kill me for being gone so long.... (runs away with nerf gun and hides in closet, prepared for the worst) XD I am seriously sorry guys! My grades haven't been... above average lately, so I had to improve them before I could even think about getting on here. I think my fear of my mom's wrath over-rules my fear of my fan's wraths... (sigh) sorry about that, but it's getting better so yay for more time on Wattpad!!! :D

Oh, enjoy the chapter, I made it extra long for you guys ;)

Chapter 25

*Adele's POV*

I awoke with a splitting headache. I groaned lightly before trying to pry my eyes open. Of course, I didn't expect to see plain white walls and doctor's tools around the room. Crap. The room looked to be an experiment room, but they seemed to have mercy on me to put me on a hospital bed. A needle was still in my wrist that I assumed was some sort of an I.V. that connected to a bag filled with some sort of liquid. I ripped the needle out and stood up instantly, but quickly had to sit down again because I was dizzy.

I have to get out of here. Dang it! How did those stupid Pandora's catch me anyway?

I looked at my options. There was one door, one window. Both were probably guarded, the window probably even more so than the door. I took a chance and neared the window, just to see. No one. I figured there were some trip lasers of something.

They will probably know I woke up as soon as I pulled the needle out.

I figured the "doctor" would come through the door, so I took a chance and opened the window. The door opened behind me, so I risked a peek to see who was behind me.

"Adele! What the heck are you doing?"

I had turned around to see Jaydon, and I blinked, not believing my eyes.

"They caught you too?" I asked quickly, "We have to hurry up and get outta here!"

"Adele what's wrong with you? Why do you want to get out of here? Get back in bed would ya'?" He made a move to try to catch me, but I was too fast and backed up toward the window. It only occurred to me now the he was in league with the Pandora's. Should've known that the only person I would trust my life with would do that.

"You think I'm an idiot?" I snapped, causing him to look at me weirdly. This just made me continue with my speech.

"Of course I should've expected this from the one I trusted most right? You thought it was just so funny to mess with my feelings too," I sneered. I did my best not to burst into tears at the betrayal, but it was getting increasingly hard with the circumstances. I moved a bit closer to the window while he stood and stared at me. I wondered why he looked utterly confused, but only thought about this for a moment before inching closer to the window. 

He still just stood and stared at me, looking at me like I'm the one who lost their mind! How could he have no feelings about this? About me? Now I was getting really mad at him.

"Wait what? Adele do you still have a fever?" He looked around the hospital room to the needles and plain white walls, and suddenly his eyes widened, "Hold on, Adele you've made a mistake." He walked slowly towards me.

"You bet I made a mistake of trusting someone. So nothing was real then? Why don't you go back to the Pandora's and tell them I got away, because I'm definitely not sticking around," and with that, I jumped out the window. 

"Wait!" He shouted after me though the wide open window, "It's just a hospital, you weren't caught again!" 

This comment made me freeze in my tracks. Could I have really been that stupid? Turning back, I clearly saw the word "hospital" on top of the building. Suddenly, I remembered everything- the snake, and collapsing in the middle of the desert. I'm sure they came to find me, then took me to the hospital. I was so stupid to think I would get better by morning. I had never had the situation of being bitten before, so I didn't know how long it would take to let the venom run it's course, and that was just moronic of me to gamble on just one night. I groaned inwardly at how I make these situations for myself, digging my own hole that's so hard to get out of.