Future of an Immortal part 2

Thanks for reading this, I finally updated this story!!! I plan to keep going with this, so any feedback is appreciated!!! ;-P

We all walked along in silence. It's not like it was too awkward, nobody really wanted to talk. They had their secrets and I had mine. 

I looked over at them. Both of the boys were rather good looking, they both had shaggy long hair but it looked like it was only because they hadn't bothered to cut it. Jaydon had the greenest eyes I had ever seen, while Sam had deep brown eyes that I had almost mistaken as black.

Then I looked to Sapphire, she had extremely long black hair and light blue eyes. She was quiet pretty, but her tangled hair made her seem more like an untamed human who you should not mess with. She then caught me staring and smiled. Whoops, I guess after 99 years I still haven't gotten better at reading people. But still, Sam seemed to be the nicest in the group.

Sam kept trying to start a conversation, and acted like he knew me, though I'm pretty sure I've never met him. 

"So, where are you heading to?" He asked. 

"Well, not that it's any of you're business, but I am heading to the next town," I said carefully, trying not to get his curiousity up about me, but I guessed it was too late for that.

"Do you know which town?" he asked.

"Um, I don't actually know the name...." 

"Oh, I do that too, sometimes I forget where we're going next and get us lost," He said grinning. 

"Well, perhaps you should get a map, I said curtly. I know I was being rude, but I really didn't want to talk. 

"Maybe we should..." He was actually pondering my response. I groaned internally, this guy was like a little kid!

"Look," I said in my less than sweet voice,"I just don't want to talk right now, okay?" I looked away, but I could feel his questioning eyes staring at me.

This awkward silence lasted until I heard something loud get nearer.

a jet?

I had to wonder what it was doing in the middle of the desert. At least, I wondered until the group next to me yelled "GET DOWN!!!!" 

I didn't ask questions, I just hit the dirt.

I heard an earsplitting explosion and felt the rocks and debris fall around me.

I flinched when some bigger rocks hit me, and held back the urge to look up to see if there were bigger rocks coming toward me, but kept my head down. 

When the dirt finally started to settle, I risked looking up at my surroundings.

I looked closest to me at a giant boulder that missed my head by a foot, and some metal shrapnel that found it's way next to my neck. Normally I wouldn't have worried, but my neck is about the only thing that's my weakness.

There are few ways to kill an immortal, but the main one is to cut off their head. Gruesome? Yeah, I know. I would rather that not happen to me either. 

I carefully moved away from the rather large piece of metal threatening to cut my neck and moved up to a sitting position. The others were also sitting and had worried expressions. 

"How did they find us?" asked Sapphire. 

"Maybe it's that girl you wanted to invite along?" asked Jaydon.

"Don't automatically assume people are against us!"

"I think it's the smartest thing to do, considering we just got a bomb dropped on us!"

They continued like that for a good few minutes, while I took a survey of my surroundings.

Sam just sat there looking around, but I'm pretty sure I saw his eyes lingering on me for a few seconds.

I ignored this and turned to where the bomb hit.

There was a huge crater 500 feet away from us and even more shrapnel and large rocks in that direction, which made it very clear to me that this was just a warning shot. 

I sighed and turned to the two who were still arguing about what to do about me and interrupted,

"if I am such a guilty lier, why was I targeted too?"

Jaydon looked at me with eyes telling me to get the heck out of here, and I was about to oblige, when we all heard a rather scary noise that we hoped we wouldn't have to hear again.

I heard someone scream "EVERYONE RUN!"  I didn't know who it was, not that it mattered. We all scattered but no one got very far before we realized it was open desert and we had nowhere to run.

 I turned around to look at where the others were going, and was surprised to see that Sam had stopped and was doing some crazy motions with his arms and hands. I had seriously thought he had lost it, until I saw blue light coming out of his fingers. I instantly knew what he was doing, so I stopped running away and sprinted back towards to him.

He was totally focused on the light and muttering some foreign language until I felt the earth underneath us move and cave in.

I heard Sapphire scream as she fell, which was drowned out by the sound of rocks moving and creating a tunnel. I knew I had fallen quite a few feet, because my landing was not exactly on a cloud.

I got up with a groan to find myself in a very dim and small tunnel crammed in between rocks. I moved around and saw that Sam had almost closed the tunnel with his magic to stop the blast of the bomb when it hit the ground.

I wondered where Jaydon and Sapphire ended up, when I looked beside me. Sapphire and Jaydon were just getting up when Sam finished his spell to close the tunnel, surrounding us in pitch black. I heard Jaydon yell at Sam to work on his spells, and maybe learn a pillow spell. I would have found him yelling at someone in the dark rather funny if we weren't in a life threatening situation. Not that it was too life threatening for me, I couldn't really die, but I still didn't like these situations I get myself into.

I felt my eyes try to adjust to having no light, but failing in the effort.

I pulled my legs up to my chin and wrapped my arms around them. I really hated not being able not to see- it makes me feel so helpless. I might be immortal, but I can still feel pain and emotion. 

It was so cold, and I couldn't see a thing and I hated that I couldn't do anything. I told myself to get over it, there no real danger for you, blah blah blah. I just sat there listening to my logical side of my brain talk and ended up feeling stronger and braver, like an immortal should be.

I still felt rather cold, even though I felt much more brave. Someone must have known I was shaking from the cold, because I felt someone throw their jacket to me. I tried to remember who had a jacket on before we were in the cave. I remembered that they all had backpacks so I figured the jacket must have come from one of them. 

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a jet coming in much too close for comfort. I closed my eyes- not that it mattered whether they were open or closed, because, either way it was pitch black.

Then I heard the deafening boom of the bomb against the top of the cave and prayed it didn't cave in.