Future of an Immortal

Hey guys, please tell me if this is any good, I had the idea, but i dont know how well it will go over, so please leave comments!

Also, remember that this is entered in the watty awards! please vote if you like it!!! :D

Prologue

I felt cold and gruff hands grab me, and I screamed as loud as I could. They were gonna take me to the room where they experimented on me, and I wasn't gonna go without a fight.

"She's resisting. Should I inject the sleeping drug?" I heard the gruff man holding me ask another man who was just watching. I assumed he was the leader.

"Sure, you can try it, but last time her heart rate was so high, they had to abort the surgery," The leader said.

"Well, I guess there's no harm in trying," The man still holding me replied. I suddenly felt an intense pain in my arm and tried to get away, but I could already feel my limbs failing me. My eyes closed unwillingly and were met by darkness, which was pulling me in like it was calling me.

--------------------------------------

I woke up with an immense pain in my chest and it felt like my whole body was burning. I didn't dare to move, in case it would make the pain worse. I knew I was on a surgery table, because it felt like a steel plate underneath me. I heard voices, so I tried to figure out what was going on without opening my eyes. I just sat there and listened to the "surgeons" talk about how it went.

"I think there is a good chance for her to survive, but she'll have to wake up soon," one said.

"I don't care about that, but what's the chance that it will work?" another man said, but it sounded like whoever it was, was in a higher position than the surgeon.

"Well, there's a fifty-fifty chance that it could work, but that's only if she wakes up," the surgeon said.

"Well, find a way to hurry and wake her up. I don''t have all day."

"Yes, sir, I'll try," Then I heard the man of higher rank leave. I tried to move my fingers, and succeeded. The pain was slowly going away, and I was starting to feel better. I dared to open my eyes and was blinded by a light shining down on me. I blinked and tried to sit up. It felt like my body was on fire, but forced myself to look around and I saw that the surgeon went into another room. All of a sudden, I realized I wasn't in any pain anymore, so I took this chance to run.

I bounded through what looked like hospital halls and ran down the stairs. I looked into a few rooms and finally saw a window in one. I checked to see if any people were inside and went to the window. I looked down and saw that there was a dense forest I could hide in. I was on the first floor! "I could finally escape!" I told myself and jumped out.

I ran as fast as I could into the woods and never looked back, though I knew they would come after me. That was 84 years ago.

Present day~

Walk all day, and then sleep. Every day for the past 84 years. (Just to be clear, that means I'm 99 years old now) But no, I am not an old lady, I look to be 15 years old. I am an immortal and will live forever, but I am strange in other ways too- I can predict weather by looking at my reflection. My eye color changes according to the type of weather that will happen in the next few hours.

I couldn't stay in one place for too long or else people would question why the only thing that changed about me was my eyes. It has come in handy a few times too though- I was able to evacuate a little farm town just before a category five tornado struck and destroyed most of the farms and farmhouses.

Huh, who needs the weather channel? I got my own way of telling what weather will happen next, - but back to the point, my life for years was to keep going, and to keep moving. It got really tiring, but maybe because I was lonely. Then I met the strangest group of people...