Future of an Immortal part 1

Part one

It was early in the morning, and I knew I had to move fast if I wanted to leave before Sara woke up. I was actually going to miss this place, it was really homey and hospitable- plus I was leaving one of my only friends I've ever made.

Her name was Sara, and she was the only one I had ever told I was immortal. I wish I could stay, but people were starting to question where I had come from and who I was, so I packed and readied myself to go.

I stepped out onto the hot sand of the desert and looked around.

The road was empty, except for a few desert rabbits running across it. I crossed and looked back, Sara's house looked empty, except Sara's bedroom light.

I wanted to say goodbye, but that would only make it harder. Then, I saw a figure in the window- she knew. I almost ran back, but I knew I had to go.

I turned to face the sunrise and walked toward it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 My real name is Adele Grayson, though I change it almost every time I move so I could never be found again.

Right now I am in a desert, which desert I won't say though- and trying to find the next town where I can stay. 

One day my name's May, another it's Lena. I was wondering what name I should use next when I first saw them.

It was a group of three kids that looked my age, two boys and a girl. I put emphasis on the looked 'cause I didn't think they're almost a hundred years old.

The first thing that struck me as odd was the girl's hair. It was pure black and reached down to her waist, but I mean the kind of pure black that had a blueish tint to it when it was in the sun. 

The other oddity was the was both the boy's clothes and what they were carrying. They had on puffy, rich satin shirts which I found to be highly impractical for walking in the hot desert. The shirts looked almost...pirate-like? or knight-like?

I knew there was something unearthly about them, but I wasn't sure what. 

The girl wore an old time dress that was light blue and tied by a delicate white string at the top. The sleeves were puffy and see-through, and it added more delicacy to her entire look. 

Sheesh, and I thought I attracted attention.

Maybe it would be better if I didn't come in contact with them, I thought, and hid behind a large rock and some bushes.

They hadn't seen me yet, so I decided to stay hidden until they past. 

They got nearer to my hiding spot and my breath caught when they were in front of it.

The girl stopped walking.

She turned toward where I was and looked confused, while I just hoped it was coincidence that she turned to me... oh for heaven's sake I knew I was caught.

Wait, how would she know I'm here? and I forced myself to relax. 

She smiled sweetly and I started wondering what the heck?, when she called over to the boys who were still walking and hadn't noticed her absence.

"Hey guys, we have company."

caught.

I decided to give in willingly. "Alright, I give in," I said with a smile. I could always try to get out of this by being nice.

"Why were you hiding?" She asked, while the boys in front of her looked a bit confused as to where I came from.

"Umm...." I had no idea how to answer that. What could I say? I decided to hide because you looked weird?

I felt caught, like a deer in headlights. I noticed then that that saying was used way too much. And how perfect it was for this situation.

"Uh, well..." She smiled then, and it almost looked like she understood.

"Its alright. My name's Sapphire," She pointed to the taller boy with brown hair and said, "That's Jayden," then pointed to the other boy, who had blond hair and was a bit shorter, and said "and that's Samil, but we just call him Sam."

I smiled at them, and Sapphire invited me to walk with them. I wasn't really going in any particular direction, so I said yes.

I had no idea what I was getting into.