Future of an Immortal part 26

Yay for more uploads! Sorry, (again) but there was a rather traumatic death in our family :( and its taken a while to get used to it. Hope you guys can forgive me (again...) yea i know im a horrible, evil person not to update, but my life sucks like that. Keep on keeping on. ^.^

Chapter 26

  I woke up the next morning feeling quite content. As if nothing in the world could stop me, and in a way, it couldn't. I felt... Was happy the right word? There was also this weird feeling in my stomach, and for some reason I felt hot. I prayed with all my heart that it wasn't some late side affect to the experiments. 

Maybe going for a run would help?

  I quietly made my over the other five sleeping lumps, taking big step over each one. The two other girls were passed out on the bed and the guys on the floor. I opted to sleep on the floor too, since it was too crowded on the bed for my taste.

  I put the necklace Jaydon gave me on, but kept it hidden in my shirt so it wouldn't fall off while running. Upon reaching the door, I opened it and willed it to stay silent. Of course, it was probably the squeakiest door in the whole bloody hotel. My lips pulled in a grimace as I heard the sound of it, and whirled my head around to see if the stupid thing woke anyone up. Sighing in relief when none of them stirred, I slipped out the door and shut it quickly behind me. 

  Walking to the entrance of the hotel, I thought back to the night before. We had all crammed into a hotel room, after Sara and Jaydon walked up to the hotel and made reservations for just those two on a room. Don't get the wrong idea, Jaydon was forced to go because he looked to be the oldest of us, and even though I looked about the same age, I just couldn't go and pretend we were a couple- that would be way too embarrasing. However, Sara jumped at the chance.

  The two of them put on a pretty good show. Jaydon actually looked like he willingly put his arm around her shoulder, although for some reason it made my stomach flip whenever he touched her. I almost wondered if the show was too good. I had turned away and lightly huffed in exasperation, willing myself not to think pointless thoughts about things I can't change.

  I watched as the two of them sauntered down the hallway, following the guy who had the key to the room. The four of us quietly followed, slipping into a room stocked with vending machines and then waited. Then, when the hotel worker left after showing Jaydon and Sara the room, the rest of us slipped into it unnoticed. I was almost temped to sleep in the closet when we found out just how small the space was. All this just to save some money by not getting two rooms. 

  Then my thoughts turned to the last conversation I had last night with Jaydon. I wasn't really sure why, but he started asking me questions.

     "Adele?" He called over to me as I sat watching some tv, "Will you come with me to go find some ice for the soda Sam wasted our last 5 bucks on? Might as well enjoy it."

     "Yea, yea. You only want me to come because you're hopeless with directions," I smirked at the chance to mess with him. We had become closer and more relaxed near each other since my "near death" experience. He would probably shoot me himself if he found out I wasn't actually going to die at that time. My face kept heating up whenever I thought about him worrying about me though. 

  We walked out of the room and the door loudly closed behind us. I began walking in what I thought to be the direction of the ice machine when Jaydon touched my arm. I turned and raised my eyebrow in curiosity, silently asking him what he wanted. 

      "Feeling better?"

     "Yea, the bite wound is all closed up and I'm pretty much back to normal."