Future of an Immortal part 12

Dedicated to my friend Sarah, who in her words had "The most genius idea of all geniusness!" for my story, so thanks!!!!! Seriously she is a genius (in her own way... jk,jk ;-P), and when it comes to having writer's block, she's a savior. I think you'll like the ending, but don't read ahead, that's cheating and I spent hours on this! lol, so anyway, I'm really tired, but I figured I would write for you guys anyway cause I'm that awesome hehe ;-P

Part 12

I sat there looking up at the stars, just another unchanging thing in my life. At least they were pretty to look at, though they were just twinkling lights in the distance- something I could never touch or reach. I stood outside the cave thinking and finally sat down to enjoy the silence, watching the stars twinkle.

I heard something behind me and turned to see what it was. I saw Sam walk out of the cave with a questioning look on his face, probably wondering what I was doing up. I looked back at him but he was much closer than he was before, almost right behind me.

I gasped in surprise making him step back and trip over a rock causing him to crash into the ground.I stifled a giggle before he sat up and said, "You did that on purpose," He accused playfully.

"No I didn't! I was just surprised that you were so close!"

"So, you don't like being close to me?" He asked with a grin and crawling closer to where I sat. I blushed and scooted away from him, not only to avoid an awkward moment but to mess with his head.

He feigned looking hurt and then attacked me by tickling so I started laughing my head off and was amazed how good it felt. I hadn't laughed in long time. 

I was still smiling like crazy when I heard something behind us in the cave, so I turned around to see Jaydon was standing there watching me from the mouth of the cave.

He looked absolutely shocked. My eyes widened and I stuttered trying to make him understand it wasn't like that, but I couldn't get any words out.

How long had he been watching? I wondered desperately.

He blinked and muttered something about going for a walk, and stalked off in the other direction. I gaped trying to think of what I could do. I didn't know why, but it really bothered me that he saw Sam and me.

I also didn't know what I was thinking when I got up and followed him, leaving Sam to his own thoughts. I silently walked behind Jaydon wondering what I would say to him when I caught up with him. I stopped and almost went back when he said without looking back,

"What are you doing? You seem a little undecided over there."

I froze. How in the world could he have possibly heard me? I thought. I had been so quiet, there was no way he could have heard me behind him.I stood there, still paralyzed when he looked back to where I was before rolling his eyes and went on with his walk. (cough, *rant* cough) 

I snapped out of it and ran after him shouting, "Hey! Why are you mad at me?"

He turned around with a look that made me seem like I was crazy and said, "Who said I was mad?"

"Well, then why are you acting like that?"

"I... Actually don't know."

 Uh, was he jealous? I wondered. I shook off the thought and continued my interrogation. 

"So, you just stalked off after you saw Sam and I just because?"

"No, It's just that's the first time I ever saw you laugh."

Huh? I admit I hadn't laughed in a long time, but since when did he care?

I didn't say anything and just stared, wondering where this conversation was going.

"I don't know, I just got mad for no reason okay?" He said.

Did he honestly have no idea what jealousy was? I doubted that he had that problem before, and inwardly laughed at the idea.

"So, you were jealous?" I asked.

"No!"

"Then, why were you mad?" 

He had no answer, and I knew I was right. I started blushing as I thought about the fact that he was jealous of Sam, but managed to keep my cool. Until he started talking again.

"I am NOT jealous, I was just gaping at the fact you hadn't laughed in so long, your laugh is ridiculously horrendous," He added grinning.

"Oh, so if my laugh is so horrible, I guess I won't ever laugh again." He froze for a second, but went back to his annoying self in a matter of an instant.

"I wouldn't care! You know, I'm beginning to agree that you're a monster."

I am so kill him for that comment, I thought then retorted,

 "Go jump off a cliff! Wait, better yet, I'll push you!"

"I'm stronger than you, and it would end up as you falling down the cliff!"

"Sure, and then I would haunt you for the rest of eternity!" I had to admit, this argument was extremely childish, but it was fun to argue with him. That sounds really weird, but it's true. I continued,

"And there's no way that you're NOT jealous when you looked like you were betrayed," I finished triumphantly, taking a step forward toward him. I expected the weird look he gave me, and I grinned thinking I was starting to be able to predict his actions. I was so wrong.

What I didn't expect was for him to grab my arm and pull my lips to his.