Future of an Immortal part 3

Gosh dangit!!!! I spent hours just working on this part!!!! grrrr, I write so slow!!!!!!!!

@@@@@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(rant is now over, enjoy the chapter) ;-)

Part 3

I felt the earth quake from the blast and I pulled my legs tighter to my chest. I felt the earth tremble around me from the blast and I winced as a rather large rock fell on my shoulder, while dirt and rocks kept falling from the ceiling and I really thought it would cave in.

Finally the earth stopped shaking and I let out a breath.  I tried to take another breath but all I got was dirt sucked into the back of my throat and I was forced to cough, though it was silent and slightly awkward.

It was then that I felt a familiar tingling in my eyes, signaling that they were changing color, and with it, the weather. I wondered what color they were changing to, since this was the desert.

I decided to shut off my brain from wondering things like why I got mixed up with a sorcerer, or why people are trying to catch them, and or blow them up.

I pulled the jacket that someone threw to me closer around me to try to stop my body from shaking, though it wasn't from the cold earth I was buried under.

I was about to go insane from not being able to see anything when I heard Sam whisper.

"They must have gone by now right?"

"We could send someone out to look," Jaydon suggested.

"Um, who would voluntarily go out there?"

I knew that I wouldn't be in any danger from the bombs or guns, so I decided to help out, considering they weren't immortal like I was. I sighed.

"I'll go," I spoke up.

"But, you have nothing to do with us, so why would you volunteer?"  Sam asked. I decided to be mysterious, who knows, maybe they'll take the hint that I wasn't gonna give them any info.

"I have my reasons," I grinned slightly in the dark. If only they knew.

"You're reasons? Would that be to tell them that we're coming out of our hiding place now?" Jaydon asked. I sighed, again.

"No, It's because I'll be safer than you guys since they know what you look like. They might not recognize me."

Finally they agreed (well, more like Jaydon agreed) and I saw the blue light from Sam's fingers like electricity in the dark and saw the highlights on his face sorta like a flashlight when you put it under your chin to create a creepy effect. Then I heard the rocks shift and move all around me. At last I saw the light of day, though it burned my eyes to look up out of the small tunnel's opening. 

I crawled out and shielded my eyes from the burning sun with my arm until it didn't hurt so much. I looked up, but didn't see any planes or jets. I sighed in relief, then called back to them.

"Guys, it's okay, you can come out now." I saw Sam's head pop out first, then he surveyed the area and then the rest of his body followed. Once they where all out, I knew I had to ask them. 

"Who are you and why did those people try to kill us?" I asked.

"We don't have to tell you", Jaydon put in, oh so helpfully.

"I think I need a bit of an explanation, considering someone just tried to kill us." I reasoned. Jaydon sighed, knowing I wouldn't leave 'till he told something.

"It's not my secret to tell. Talk to the other two," Jaydon said, obviously just trying to get out of this conversation. I turned to Sam and Sapphire, but Sapphire was the first to speak.

"Well, I am psychic, which is why I found you out when you were hiding before," she said. Aha! so that's why she found me! I thought, Why didn't I think of that one before?

  That's when Sam jumped in, only to eager to be able to talk again. To me, he seemed like he had a childish mind, asking strange questions and having a need to talk about himself. But, he was really nice and would prefer him to the hostile guy who kept giving me the evil eye, silently telling me to get out of there.

"I'm a sorcerer, though you could probably have figured it out, with the tunnel shield and the lightning coming out of my fingers," Sam grinned.

"Well, that explains a lot, but why are they after you?" I asked.

"Well, we made the mistake of trusting a company who said they could help us understand our powers. They captured us for experiments, but we escaped. Now that we've evaded them for so long, they gave up and decided that it would be better to kill us off than for us to keep getting away from them," Sam expained.

How strange, I thought, I guess we have a similar past.

 "So, they just got ticked off, and decided to kill you?" I asked.

"Pretty much," he said, and I thought that was the end of the conversation when he added, 

"So, now that we've told our story of why we're here, it's your turn."

I forgot they might ask about me, but now that I had asked about them, I owed them an explanation about me. Why do I get myself into these situations?