Chapter 9

Peony PoV:

"Woman!" 

A loud voice was shouting making the whole room echo after a loud slam of the huge door sounded. I was just seating on the couch trying to figure out how to read the hieroglyphs that I have seen around the area.
Ofcourse if I need to stay longer here since I need to find my mother and also I need to know how to read and write, then knowing this thing would give me advantage.

I slowly turn my head to the side where the door was facing and while my eyes were at the clay.

" impudence!! Not giving the royal princess attention faces severe consequences!". The voice seems like angry but I did not mind. My head was slowly reaction to their expression and I haven't even yet to snap myself that I have guest.

After I was done my full attention was there and saw the so she of the crown Prince. The girl with beautiful hair that falls down to her shoulder and it was adorn with beautiful jewelry like gold and precious gems. Her appearance was fit of a royal princess.

"Ah! Y-your highness ". My feet froze after I stand up. Goodness why did i not respond to her immediately. So stupid.

Along her was girl's dresses in a servant attire. I assume she was and the others are her personal maids. The other one seem to be the closest handmaid of hers since she was beside the princess.
"How dare you ignore her highness." Her forehead wrinkle as she look at me with most anger. I was really stupid for doing that.

"I-I apologize. I was caught in my studies so I have mistaken you." I bowed sincerely apologizing to her in my fault.
I really have should not done that.

"So your saying my precense is something like a lowly peasant. " her browse raise up and her coal like eyes beam an anger.

I shook my head. "I really apologize, it was my mistake. I also did not mean to say that your highness. " I said lowering my head.

The princess look very angry at me and her tapping her fingers on her arm while her arm was crossed to her chest.

"How dare you." The woman bed is her march towards me with her hands raising up prepairin to land in my face. I step aside as she swing her hand and the palm was almost touching my face.
I avoid it by stepping aside knowing that it would land on my other side of my face.

"Why you..." she glance to me after realizing it did not end up on my cheek.

"Your highness does not need to slap me since I owe up to my own failure. Did I oftend her highness in any other way? If so I would want to know. "
She grit her teeth and her hand maid look back to her.

"Seducer, dirty rug girl. You do not belong here. Where did you come from, you just pop out in nowehere." She yell to me.

I look at her observing her anger that she was throwing at me. Is she talking about how did the crown Prince suddenly have a woman accompanying him?
Ofocurse if I were in her shoes I would question  such specially with a royal brother who has not laid any eyes of any woman.

I sigh. " I true my apologize but you are mistaken princess, I did not seduce his highness. I came here for a reason. " a smirk slide to her face and then she chuckle. "Hehehe, right. Your here for the soul reason of your own ambition, and now you succeed on seducing my royal brother what I your next plan you dirty woman. " she yell.

"Get her!" She demand.

I slowly step back as I saw some girls slowly walking towards me with such intent like beating a person up or messing her up.
At that moment I was scared for myself, I was also scared that no one would know since this is ancient Egypt, in history totals usually do what they want. But I don't have any idea of dying without seeing my mother.