Chapter 15

Riding a horse  was not that difficult but finding out my way to Thebes would be hard so I hired a tour guide to come along with me, he was nice and told me that in Thebes at night is really lovely and if I may allow him he can visit his family which I did. I only wanted him to get me back and get me to Thebes other things Isnt necessary.

On our way we encounter some dancers and drinkers with some women on the streets gladly I put on the robe so not so much recognize me. I don't know how they think it to be not suspecious but for me it does look off.
Ancient times could be so difficult but somehow that is a normal way to hide your identity and your privacy.

" my lady we are almost there in Thebes." He smiled at me as we fasten our pace to go there. I was overwhelmin and excited, the modern Thebes I saw was in those literature books and history and the real Thebes was only rocks and and pillar left there is nothing like this back in my world, the future.

As we enter dancers and other artist go around, I was shocked as how young they stared dancing with revealing clothes and almost show breast and does not even bother them. "It is really lively " I said to myself.

"Madame, your just in time for the Thebes Festival." He said. I look around and saw how extra lively it is. " and that is?" I asked, "the festival were the people here in Thebes give thanks to the Mother of nature for there good harvest and the fruits and living plants." He said cheerfully.

I never heard about the goddess of nature in Egypt perhaps because of how famous the other gods and goddess are and not even payed attention to other gods and goddesses. 

" I'll start here." I said as I haunted the horse and stopped. "But this place is too crowded." The man was shocked and i shook my head, " meet me later in that stole." I pointed at the fruit stole with strange fruits in place, he nod to me and said, " that my wife's stole. Easy." He gave me a happy smile and i was delighted of how happy he was. He was really those type of people way back in the future that go far away to work and if they got a chance they go back to see Their family which is him right now. As I saw him walk happily and he mixed into those busy crowd I noticed the sky was almost sundown but the magnificent reflection of the sky give me a whole nostolgia from what I do before, I go out in and see this beautiful scenery from one of the window of the mansion... how was father and brother... grandmother too... Father might be head strong and very calculative but he is loving and caring, brother too, I know they missed me...

Okay, focus Peony. We have to impressed Bastet so that they can be proud of me and can see mother quicker. The thought of my mother always gives me motivation even in little things. It still hurt to remember how they say that my mother is dead where now I know she is here, she is alive in this time.
I tugged the fabric that acted as my cape a little securing that it won't fall, I dont know about Egypt much and i don't know if the name of the daughter of the goddess (aka, my mother) know me already.
I walked forward trying to mix in with people while avoiding people that make trouble. As I passed them, every corners was so interesting, fire eater, belly dancer, alluring dancing, foods? And knife thrower. They are very amusing to watch. People were talking and walking around and lovers in the corners kissed? What... in public.
Thebes is more wild than I think, they are very free here.

As the night is coming into full many people was coming in and out. I almost got lose in this juggle, and it was little hot because of the way I dressed, I stoped a little to fix the fabric and redo my so called 'Cape' until I bump my bad into someone.
My hands quickly fasten the pace in putting everything to places before I look up, "I'm sorry I didn't... mea..." My words were shuttering after seeing his face, a handsome man with a perfect tan color and grey eyes his hair was a little shade of a white side and he has small dark thingy that is poking in his white robe. " I'm sorry Mister." I said completing my voice to the gorgeous man.
His lips was left in a gap and his hands slowly raise up and started to point to me, my heart skip a beat. Did he recognized me?