Chapter 27: Conspiracy

Peony POV:

I'm aware, and I'm scared. Every night I'm completely devoured by my fears causing me to have nightmares.
I sigh in tiredness.

I lean my back to the wall of the pool while my arms are being massage by Kera.

" Your Highness, you seem to be tired. Did you not sleep well? ". The other servant inside the bathring room noticed.

Kera gasped, " I noticed too. Your highnes!" She said raising the last words of nagging tone. " I told you not to over think too much at night specially this very important day ". She said with her hands on each side of her waist looking to me frustrated.

I chuckle and playfully apologized to her. She moved her hands to my shoulders, gently massaging them. At the very least I feel relieved and very relaxed, which is the point of this body cleansing ceremony.

" Her Highness still looks very beautiful even a slight hour of lack of sleep she gets ". Said the younger servant, she chuckled and pour more scented flowers to the water.

How can I help it? The moment you close your, you are bound to feel that someone might sneak into your chambers and thrust a knife to your chest. The idea of it makes my skin crawl.

" Your Highness... The General Haetu is here to report ". Said the servant.

The taps of his sandal after permitting to enter filling in the silence of the area. " Your Highness, I beg your forgiveness for disturbing your ceremony but it is important ", Said he.

My eyes roam to the other servants who were present, most of them looked away and most of them were doing what they 're supposed to do. " Please excuse us, except Kera ". I announced.

Everyone step outside and Kera bring in a clothe to cover my front, the water did not show the rest of my body as it is covered by flowers. " Please excuse me, your Highness ". Haetu walk towards the front to meet my eye so we could have a proper discussion.

I hold the clothe to secure my naked top. " what is it? ". The General cleared his throat and continued on with the matter.

" Your Highness was right. The King of Anotolia has a suspicious activity, he haved bought 200 slaves from a foreign country ". He said.

Slave?

This is bad. Usually slaves are bought when you lack military men, like what I used to read in history books and those novels in the present world.

" What else? ". I asked more and Haetu exhaled and cast his gaze to the floor as if he was about to say something serious. " Two days after the wedding there will be a banquet for peace making to other country, different people and royals will come and go inside the palace at that time. I fear... that this will be a good time since its crowded ". He reported.

" Your right ". The time where they possibly excute their plans, the time, the position is good.

" leave every possible entrance of the palace extra guards hidden away in plain sides, specially the throne area. We can't let a single crack of opening ". I commanded to Haetu.

" Yes your Highness ". The General said sincerely. " I wish my congratulatory to you in succeeding Queen of Egypt. May Egypt's sun always raise ". The Geneal bowed deeply like how a highly regarded General the right hand of the Pharaoh bow, he now with pride and honor towards his superior. I feel embarrassed at the same time  after all, Haetu is also my friend. He help me a lot.

" Your Highness it is time for you to get dress ". Kera said after Haetu left the bathing chamber. I raise from the water and were wrapped by clothe to cover my naked body.