Chapter 29: The Queen's Daily Life

Peony POV:

The celebration had come to an end. Nobelties bid their goodbye. My hands cling to Cairu's arm as we say our farewells and thanks to those who came to our wedding.

My eyes coming heavy as time go deeper to the night. My body ache in pain from all that standing and graceful act.
The best day of my life ended and our new chapter of life starting to unfold.

Cairo faced me, gazing me with his beautiful eyes. It felt like a dream, a fiction a fantasy that I once read in my room.
Without any word he carried me with his strong arm in a princess carry like he always do when we're both alone but now, it was open,servants saw us and they whisper to each other.

" Don't mind them, you are now my wife ". She smile to me.

"Where are you taking me Cairo " I asked. His smile turn into a smirk, a playful smirk.

" Where do you think a married couple go when the sun goes down..", he replied as he run the rest f the walks towards the Pharaoh's chamber. His room that was guarded by many palace guards.

He place me on top of the bed looking at me again. My whole face started to grow red, " Cairo... please stop looking at me ". I beg for him to stop.

" My beautiful wife, it is like a dream in which, I do not want to wake up. Is this real?" He said, such a poetic voice he had.

" Of course ! It is ". I said. His face was leaning into mine, the moment felt like it was in a slow motion, a mirage, a daydream that I'd be kissing the man I love since the day I came in this time. Since I time travel.
Our body fall into the bed as him hovering on top of me, his whole features where ten times hotter than the previous hotness I imagine him.

We kissed for a close minute, at every kiss we had turn to be more passionate and more aggressive like in his lead that I have to break the kiss and breath.

" can we go far? ", his eyes sparkle in such desire. I'm scared, this is my first night.

I embrace him as tight as I could but I was unable to say what I wanted to speak out.
He gently caress my face and give few kisses to my forehead, nose, and check as well as the collar bone and shoulder, " Don't  worry we can slowly come to that point. I know you are scared". He kissed my hand and a smile of relief show to my face.

The night was spent by talking to each other while we embrace in the bed.
It was a warm conversation until we have fallen asleep.

*

" Your Majesty, please wake up ". My eyes that was robbed out from tiredness slowly open and show the room totally different from last night, it was more light, more cozy from the warmth of the sun.

" Your Highness, the Pharaoh said you may rest for today ". Kera  said to me. I slowly set up and  remembered how soft and considerate is Cairo. My heart started beating more after the fact that I saw his bed side empty. He had gone to take care of Egypt once again.

" I will see my duties. Please get me ready and call my assistant ".

I jump out of bed with all motivation and energy inside my body. Kera open her lips hesitant to say something but she hold back and sigh. " Your Highness is energetic early in the morning". She said with a smile.

My understanding Keira couldn't do anything so she prepared the cloth to wash me and my outfit.
After I was ready the loud foot step came in my chamber, I was surprised how the face of Cairu looked so angry when he enter and beside him was tailing the royal assistant who came to work on Kera's spot when she was gone in vacation.