Chapter 1

It has been weeks since I'm confine in my own home and my brother had been taking care of me.
He told me I lost conscious and I just got discharge from the hospital and it has been 1 week since I have left the hospital and my care were continued inside the house.

My brother Alex, not really my real brother, has been taking a good care for me from the past few weeks after I got discharge  from the hospital. He work from home so that he can't take his eyes out of me.

I slowly lift my body and move my hands in a slow pace not making the joints to a shock. My black straight hair were falling down to my lap as I place all of them to one side while searching for a hair tie.

"Your awake."
Alex came inside looking at me bringing a tray of food.
His smile stole a gap of words to my lips and he continue inside. He reach a hand to the other table and reached me a black hair tie. 

"Thanks". I pick it up from him and continued to tie my hair.

" the doctor said that you'll be fine after discharge and Now I think  your perfectly good now." I glance to him and he slide the tray to my lap. "I was really worried Peony. "

The last thing I remember was drowning in the lake because of the book that I borrowed in the library. Of course I need to get that dry and not wet and return it in a perfect condition so I will not be found that I have skipped class.

"I'm sorry. Where is father"

"Father is fine, he is in London working some business "

I nod to him and again my eyes landed to the food. The food is a breakfast food type .with mushroom soup, my favorite. Just looking at the soap I remember that strange dream and that dream in next.

I was floating in a black color so rounding, I was not conscious or dead, I was just in a state of feeling my surrounding then this strange thing appear in my eyes like a flash.

Paper?

The form of paper, with strange script in it. That I remember that was in my dream.

"Peony?"

I eyeball my brother and he raise a brow to me. "I'm fine. " I replied.
Picking up the spoon as I scoop the soup and try to remember everything that happen in the strange dream.
Everything feels real but I did not notice that it was all a dream.

"I'll leave you be" he stand up from the chair and a girl came inside. The girl was a little in aged but she look younger than himself, her curly brown hair were in a bun and she wore the familiar uniform.

"Lady Peony"

She smiled to me. "I'm Darla, a new maid and I will serve you from now on. "

Darla?

Her eyes seems so familiar but where did I even meet her?

"Darla." Her eyes widen in my sudden movement capturing her wrist. "Y-yes... My lady"

"Did you remember me? In any case. Dream or any way"

Her eyes glance to the other side and to me, she was a bit uneasy to me and she is obviously confuse to what to say to me.