S2: Episode 8 - Distractions and Disintegrations

Channel 99 logo plays.

Monkey Studios logo plays.

Marvel Studios opening logo plays.

Scene 1

"Previously on Avengers: Assemble and Fantastic Four..."

Natasha: Clint and I have been monitoring him for a while, and we've discovered that Hulk's situation is getting worse.

Thor: Worse? The big guy has been sitting in the lab cell for months after he pounded the lava rock into the ground, and he has not turned back into Banner once. How could he be getting worse?

Natasha: We only have a little time left.

Steve: Time left to what?

Natasha: To turn him back into Bruce. There's a window, and once it's passed he'll be gone forever.

Steve: What do you suggest, then?

Natasha: We need someone from outside.

The Avengers' quinjet sets down in Central City and Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Ant-Man, and Wasp step out. They locate the Baxter Building and walk toward it. The elevator door opens and they walk out onto the floor.

Captain America: Excuse us.

Johnny: Whoa! You're the Avengers!

Iron Man: Sure are.

Reed stares down Iron Man, who doesn't respond. Finally, Captain America speaks up.

Captain America: We need your help.

Iron Man: We don't need your powers.

Thor: We need your brain.

Reed glances at Thor, then back at Iron Man.

Reed: Tony Stark... the Tony Stark... is asking for my brain?

Mister Fantastic watches Hulk from in front of the glass in the lab of the Avengers Mansion while Iron Man, Captain America, and Hawkeye look on.

Mister Fantastic: Okay, I think I might know where to start with this. I think I know just the person that can help with that sort of thing.

Captain America: Who?

Mister Fantastic: Dr. Banner, of course.

Mister Fantastic is typing away at the computer.

Mister Fantastic: Okay, it's about ready.

Captain America: Great. So what's the plan?

Mister Fantastic: Treat Hulk with the syringe, which will cause him to turn back to Dr. Banner for an inestimable length of time. Then hopefully Dr. Banner will know what to do from there.