Prologue: The day it went all wrong

"Sister, sister! It's time to go!"

You would groan as your brother pounded at your door. It was already daylight and you could see the sun pouring in through the window "I'm coming!" You say as you get up and stretch. You would go to your closet and choose your favorite colored dress. You were gonna preform for everyone at Dirtmouth, even Elderbug was gonna watch you from his perch at his home.

You quickly fixed yourself before stepping out of your room "You got that merry voice ready?" Your father exclaimed. "Yep, I've got my whole show already planned out." You would say with pride. "Excellent, excellent!" He laughed and chucked at your prowess "You're my little angel, being so brave and wanting to do this show." You would quickly respond to him with "I want to bring some Hope here even though the King has disappeared." Your father would nod before your mother would yell for you in her room "You better go see her, I wouldn't want to keep you from seeing her before your show." "Of course dad" You gave him a playful punch on the arm before walking into your mothers room. She would smile at your beauty before stopping you at the door "Hold that pose Y/N!" You sighed but appreciated her quick and artistic nature. You would stay in the door as she painted you and handing you the picture. "You got this, you can spread the hope we need." "Thanks mom, are you sure you want to come?" She would nod holding her temple "No headache is gonna stop me from seeing my daughter and her beautiful voice. Sometimes you wish you could've been as strong as her.

"Now get going, you're gonna be late." She shooed you out the door and into the center of town. You fixed your dress before giving your parents a thumbs up. You got onto the constructed podium and smiled at the crowd. They would all clap for you and hoot and holler. You looked at Elderbug to start the show. "Ladies and Gentlebugs, I present to you, the voice of Dirtmouth, Y/N!" But before you could sing out a note a cough from your mother rang out through the crowd

The crowd shushed as they laid eyes on your mother, which had now started to cough violently and held her head with both of her hands. You looked in horror as the cough started to go through the crowd and seemingly coming straight for you. You ran from the podium into Elderbug's home. You watched from the window as everyone you knew fell to the ground coughing up yellowish, orange vomit. You wanted to run out there and help them but Elderbug held you back. You screamed and kicked as he took you away from the window, trying to calm you down and stop you from leaving. You sat in a chair and cried yourself to sleep that night, clutching the picture your mother drew before she had lost her mind.

(And that's the beginning, I hope you enjoyed this and stick around for more. I have a lot planned for this and I will try to upload almost every day, see you soon!)