Chapter 3

Soundtrack: The Hollies - Carrie Anne (1967)

Dedication: Morgan — You're one of the original Tangerine fans who has stuck with me since I was posting on my first account. I hope you realise how cool that is, haha. We've become such good friends because of this story and your comments on each chapter are literally the best! I love talking to you, Morgan, and I wish you success and all the best in life :)  Jen

·

"I think I'm all in..." I finally voice, nearly in a daze.

"What?" Louis' eyes soften.

"I think I'm gonna do it..." I utter, a bit louder this time.

The small group looks at me in surprise. Even the lads of my band stall mid-jam with Niall.

"Yeah, I'm all in," I decide on the spot, shaken by the sudden silence. "I wanna do the Wembley show, if you guys do." I gaze directly at my band, observing their awed, yet considering reactions.

Slowly but surely, all three of them say yes.

Happy congratulations fill the room. Words like "Amazing!" and "Brilliant!" spill from the lungs of the five young men around me. My cheeks are flushed and the mood is bright before Zayn eventually clarifies: "For real?"

"Come on, you didn't see it coming?" I laugh softly. "What else could I have said?"

"No?" Harry chuckles, looking at me like I just told him dragons exist.

"Well... it's a yes," I smile, taking a deep breath. "I think..." I pause. "Yeah, fuck it. It's a yes."

"This is so great," Louis grins from beside me. "How'd you figure that one out?"

"My brain sort of did it for me," I shrug with a shake of my head. "Or, I dunno. It's just happening, alright?"

"We are definitely okay with that," Louis beams beautifully, gripping my thigh tight.

"Definitely," Harry echoes, visibly enthused.

"So, are we on the list?" Pete asks, looking around at the boyband. "How does it work from here?"

"You're on the list," Niall nods.

"There aren't many on the list," Louis adds in.

"No, there aren't," Niall chuckles, clearly knowing everything we don't.

"So, what happens now?" Elijah wonders aloud.

"Well," Liam turns to Elijah, "I don't know any specifics, but I can tell you that our coordinators are probably sorting things out as we speak. You should tell your manager," he says to me specifically. "Let him know you're one hundred percent sooner rather than later."

"I will, for sure," I nod, though I doubt I will just yet. Opening for a boyband at a stadium is a huge commitment to agree to. I might need a few extra days away from them just to know I'm certain.

Nonetheless, the lads continue to fill us with congratulations.

"Welcome to the show!" Liam beams around at the lot of us. "Or- well, closer to it," he chuckles.

"Shit, that reminds me," Niall rises from his couch. He walks over to his own acoustic guitar in its stand. "Lads, I completely forgot. We've gotta fix the harmonies in One Thing."

The lads voice their few mumbles of sluggish agreement.

"Isn't that an older song of yours?" I ask, vaguely recalling the single's title from years ago.