Chapter 34

Soundtrack: Lorde - Glory and Gore

Dedication: michaela (@Oopsxnarry) hiii babe you're the coolest for always sticking with me, i'm so happy that you're stoked with the way tangerine is going so far ;) thanks times a million x

·

Harry looks at me with silent hurricanes swirling in his eyes.

"I heard you and Louis having sex," he informs me cooly. "Your moans really complimented my banana and bran."

Uncontrollable heat flushes over my face in shame. At first, I was surprised that Harry didn't greet me like he normally would before jumping into his accusations. But now, I don't blame him. I'm riddled with guilt knowing Harry had to be subjected to that. Not just as my friend, but as someone I've been growing so close to these past few weeks.

In more ways than one.

"Shit, I'm sorry, Harry..." I choke out. "I didn't mean to be so loud."

Harry chooses not to respond, simply taking in another large spoonful of his cereal, so I carry on the conversation myself.

"I didn't know you were here."

"Surprise," Harry voices sarcastically. I stand exposed in the centre of the kitchen as he resumes eating from his bowl. "You know-" Harry pipes up suddenly, "I don't get why you would like, do that in my flat after what happened between us the other day."

"Harry, we kissed, oh my god," I frustratingly look around, keeping my voice low so I'm sure only he can hear me. "Louis and I have been together for however long. I don't get why you're so shocked that we hooked up again. Like, I'm sorry we were loud and it's really shit that you had to hear us but-"

"Scar, I know you didn't mean it," Harry presses. "I'm just not keen on being more aware of you and Louis than I already am."

"I know..." I slowly advance to where he's perched on his stool. "I'm sorry again. But it's probably the last time we'll talk about this for a while."

"Why?" Harry frowns at me with a milky mouthful.

"We're not hooking up anymore," I state plainly, implying myself and Louis.

"Did you break up?"

"We were never official, love."

"I hope it's not because of..." Harry hints at us kissing. "You know."

"No, it's more than that," I climb up and calmly sit next to him on his neighbouring kitchen bar stool. "We're getting to know each other as friends."

Harry watches me curiously, "That's good, I hope."

"I hope so too," I wet my lips with my tongue.

"At least you guys will be close for the rest of the break," Harry shrugs, focussing his attention back on his bowl of cereal.

"No we won't."

"Aren't you visiting Cheshire?"

"Why would I?" I question.

"Everyone's visiting their families this week," Harry frowns, turning his body to face me. "I thought you would too."

"You're my family," I voice quickly. "I'm staying in London."

"But your parents-"

"I don't associate with them," I crudely cut him off, feeling the blood flow in my veins for an entirely different reason this time. "They're not worth it."