Chapter 42

Soundtrack: Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song

Dedication: samantha (@Saammy_xo) hiii lovely, i'm stoked that you actually started reading tangerine and have stuck with it since, that makes me so lkcxvnxcmv and i adore your feedback so far! thank you, i love you x

·

"Can I get you anything else?" the passing air hostess waits by my side.

"No, I- uh, just the water's fine, thanks," I smile up at her politely as she carries along to the next few rows of seats.

"Ye should've asked for an airplane martini," Keith suggests, swirling the small amount of beer around in his plastic cup.

"'Course you would, Keith," I chuckle, smirking at the lad.

"What's that?" Elijah leans back in his seat to look at us.

"It's a martini with a little airplane in it," Keith explains to Elijah. "Ye get t' keep the airplane."

"I don't think that's a real thing, mate," Pete shares a cheeky look with me as Elijah just shrugs and goes back to his mobile.

"It's completely real, I saw it on E! News," Keith maintains.

"As if E! News has anything to do with reality," Pete hides his scoff with a laugh and I can't help but join him.

"He's right, you know," Mitch points out, smiling with the lot of us.

I nearly forgot my manager was sat next to me. Although, as soon as he spoke it was a comforting reminder. Mitch is one of the main reasons why I'm not so freaked out about flying right now.

We haven't been in the air for long.

We have about seven hours left of our nine and a half hour trip over the Atlantic ocean and, to my consolation, all of my nerves are gone. It's not like I haven't been on a plane before but this is my first time travelling to a continent other than Europe. I honestly thought it would be scarier than it turned out to be. I'm almost fully content. Except for the single fact that I have amazing lingerie on and no one's gonna get to see it.

No one, meaning Louis, of course.

Now that we're in the states, we're about to be putting on shows nearly every day. And when we're not playing shows we'll be on the road. And doing interviews. And working out. And attending photo shoots. And basically promoting ourselves in every humanly way possible until we pass out.

Mitch wasn't kidding when he said things will change the second we step foot on American ground.

It's literally already happening.

From here on in, I won't be staying in the same hotel as One Direction. Neither will my band. It has a lot to do with fame and popularity but it also has a lot to do with management, if I'm being honest.

If I were to stay in the same hotel as the boys, a lot of speculation would be passed around about how close the lot of us really are. Obviously. So to avoid any increase of those rumours, our management teams have separated us. As if distance solves everything. Nonetheless, as long as both the boys and myself are at this level of fame, it will continue to be like this. We will always have to live with this heartbreaking distance no matter what.

From now on, it's out of our hands.

·

"Hey ladies, you're jamming up a lot of exits! Can we move over and just jam up like one?"