Chapter 97

Soundtrack: April Wine - Tonight Is A Wonderful Time To Fall In Love

Dedication: (helladirections) as soon as i saw the word "hippie" in your bio, i automatically knew you were cool. it's your kind of people (which, of course, means me included lol) that i began writing tangerine for. shamefully obsessed with a boyband? yup. into some rock grooves, but can't resist the lads? totally. you've read so far and i'm so happy to have you among the tangerine family :) keep on reading and writing and being lovely. thank you x

P.S. I'm back from my cottage! What is wifi? I forgot. Here's an update to make up for the lack of one last Tuesday... I really hope you enjoy this chapter :)

·

I don't like to pry. I'm not a prier.

Of course, I asked Louis about what was bothering him. I wanted to see if I could help him, pull him out of his darkened shell, but he didn't want to talk. To anyone.

It's 'my' deal, Louis said. Yeah, it's just a 'me' thing.

I gave a nod of my head and held his hands and that was that. A few words and I understood.

There are certain things we just don't want to talk about, plain and simple. We choose to deal with these things on our own time. Maybe they're too touchy of a subject, or simply don't concern anyone. Everyone is different.

This was Louis' thing.

I knew it, I could feel it, it was there.

I don't blame him. I have my own demons. I haven't told Louis much about Mitch, but hell, my shit couldn't be near as bad as what he was going through. He was positively fuming.

Then again, I haven't told Louis much about my parents either.

Looks like Louis and I are more alike than I thought.

·

Our show in Oakland, California finished quite late. Louis' original plan for tonight was to book it down to the place he owns with Harry in LA, however, the time it would take to drive down there would be the same stretch of time we intended to be partying. So we shrugged our shoulders and Louis rented a house across the bay in San Francisco.

It's a bit of a faulty night, as Louis can't seem to get the sound system working. He's been on the phone with an operator for the past twenty-eight minutes, trying to figure out the problem.

I appreciate the effort, but I personally don't mind.

It's a fucking nice place.

"D'you have any kids?" Louis asks the operator, voice as sweet as honey. He walks in and out of the kitchen, wandering around the large place. "Are they any interested in One Direction? Oh, right, right. Are you?" he laughs at the end.

Louis goes on to tell the operator who he is, then he gives her some contact information to receive four VIP tickets to One Direction's next show wherever she's from. He's so sweet about it the entire time. Most people don't often see this side of Louis' behaviour, since he's always so loud and brassy, but Louis Tomlinson is actually one of the kindest, most thoughtful and considerate people I have ever met.

Naturally, I would be completely taken by the gorgeous lad, simply watching him chat over the phone ‒ the way his eyes will light up with his soft smile, the way the shadows of the house fall across his cheekbones as he talks away ‒ but tonight, my attention isn't in full, because we have someone else here with us.