#clash no. 022

"He hates himself," Gwen said. "You just got caught in the cross fire."

Kelly Creagh, Oblivion

"What do you want?" Akashi Seijuro asks sternly, without averting his gaze from the logbook he's working on.

I knew he'd say that, but I expected something else anyway. I stare at him intently. How should I tell him? How can I possibly let him know that I am the one who's responsible for the death of his mother and not make him hate me even more? My brain is already busy making a thousand excuses frantically to justify why I've done what I've done. But I know, once I tell him the truth, none of it will matter.

That I, truly, deserve all of Akashi Seijuro's negative emotions.

"There's a bakery I always wanted to go to." I say, hiding my sigh. "Let's go there together."

"Do you even hear yourself?" His deadly glare meets my blank eyes as he speaks disbelief.

"I heard the Tamakitei bakery has opened a new branch in Kyoto." I say. "I've always wanted to try their food ever since I was little. Will you take me there, Akashi-sama?"

"Ino is still in the hospital," Akashi says as he clenches his fists. "She still can't sleep. I can't even face her parents. And you're asking me to take you to a freaking bakery?"

"It'll just be a 15 minute ride." I push. "And I won't bother you ever after that. I promise."

"You still expect me to heed to your empty promises?"

"I-"

"Leave, Enya." He says as he looks back into his logbook. And despite having heard this hundreds of times, I feel surprised to see how it still manages to hurt me.

Why, though?

Do I like him? Love him? Are my feelings strong enough to be willing to eliminate everyone he loves?

Have I already become what maman had trained me to be?

"If you're worried about Ino," I vainly add. "She's fine. You won't have to worry about her anymore."

"You went to the hospital?" Akashi looks me in the eye and asks. Few seconds pass, and he shakes his head slightly, stands up, and picks up his jacket from the table.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"To see Ino." He replies curtly.

"Why? She's completely fine now. Seri-"

"You know," Akashi Seijuro locks his eyes with mine for the last time. "I have never wanted a person to never have been born or disappear." And he says his last words to me. "But you, Enya. I am appalled by how much I want you to cease to exist. Not just from this world. But from memories too."