#clash no. 015

Red is the color of love.

Mary Hogan, Pretty Face

Colorless.

With him in my life, without him in my life - my life stays the same.

Colorless.

I was born with pale skin and dark black hair. And I knew people envied me. They wanted the paleness of my life. They were jealous of the darkness of my hair. I got these from her, and they were jealous of her as well.

They envy black and white.

I always loved colors. I wanted all the colors to be mine. But they wouldn't come to me, they wouldn't touch my skin. My bruises would be black instead of purple and blue. Whenever I'd hang upside down, blood would jam at the veins of my head and it'd look a deep, ugly black instead of red.

I never blush.

Father was color to me. He had colors all over him. His bright red hair, deep red eyes, orangish eyebrows and beard- he had all my favorite colors as part of his body, as part of himself.

Just how the red-head male sitting in front of me does.

"Are you going to speak?" Akashi asks.

"I told you, Akashi-sama. I don't know about it. I've never been to the woods. Not recently, that is."

"Enya," Akashi heaves a long exasperated sigh and places his head on the palm of his hands. "You know very well that I know you did it. No one but you can pull each hair out of an innocent creature painfully, skin it and burn it in front of it's herd. Nobody, Enya, nobody but you can be that horribly psychotic."

But the words that linger in my ears are nobody. Nobody but you.

Nobody but me.

The first time I stepped inside the Akashi Mansion, I was six. The entrance was decorated with white lilies. And I didn't like it.

When I entered inside, it was all red. The carpet, the cars, the flowers. Red petals and red blossoms, red cherries and red maple leaves. Even the mansion itself was a stunning blood red in color. It was all so beautiful, so pretty.

But the most beautiful part among all of it was the woman with burning red hair and soothing cherry eyes with an angelic smile, greeting me. The woman who hugged me afterwards, and kissed me.

To me, she was an angel. And the little boy beside her with similar red hair and eyes was a subject of envy to me, though too beautiful to hate.

I love red.

I love red because it reminds me of roses that melts into blood drops, because it's the color of rage, anger and fury. I love red because it means danger, restrictions, wildness and scars. I love red because it's the color of blood.

I love red.

Because red means my father. And because red means you, Akashi Seijuro, to me.