The trial

Rachel's PoV:
Everyone had to rise whilst the judge entered. I was sat at a small table beside the judge. Facing me was him. His name is josh miller, he looks like a normal kid and I find myself shaking what we make eye contact and he smirks.

I turn to my left to see all my friends and Finn he smiles reassuringly. Mr Schue is here with miss Pillsbury and they smile at me, then we all turn our heads to the judge when he starts to speak.

After a while, a scary looking man who is josh's lawyer walks over to me for questioning.

"Hello miss berry" he smirks and I say a quiet hello.

"What's wrong?" He asks, but he sounds sarcastic so I just don't say anything.

"Come on speak up, your on tv" he chuckles. I see my friends and they all look pissed. I take a deep breath and reply.

"I've had better days" I shrug causing the jury to smile and the lawyer to scowl.

"So miss Berry, I hear you're quite the performer. In fact I hear you've made a deal with star records" he asks.

"What does this have to do with anything?" I ask.

"Well miss berry. You clearly have a dream to be famous, so could it be possible that you may be lying about some of the claims you've made against my client as a way to climb the ladder to fame" he asks smugly and I look at him confused.

"I don't understand" I say.

"Well I'll put it simpler. You made up a story about my client touching you knowing that it would bring attention to the press and get your name in the tabloids. Am I correct?".

"No-no not at all" I say trying to stand my ground.

Finns PoV:
I can't believe this lawyer. She's standing her ground and I'm proud of her but he's ruthless.

"Miss berry, I believe my client shot you in your shoulder is that correct" he asks and she nods.

"So what happened?"

"Well I was talking to Quinn fabray at my locker and-" she starts but he cut her off.

"Would this be the same Quinn fabray who you have a petty high school feud with?" He asks smiling.

"I'll admit that we haven't always seen eye to eye but what does this have to do with it?" She asks.

The lawyer ignores her and claims he'd like to bring Quinn fabray to the stand. We all look shocked as Quinn walks into the room and takes a seat at a table near the lawyer.

"Quinn, how would you describe your relationship with miss berry" the lawyer asks.

"Me and Rachel never got along. I guess it's because we were very similar and wanted the same things" she said confidently, it almost sounded rehearsed.

"Miss fabray, have you ever seen miss berry and mr miller speak to one another before said shooting" he asks and narrows his eyes at her.

"Yes" she replies simply. She then explains the first day back at school when Rachel whispered in his ear but no one knew what she said.

The lawyer turned his attention back to Rachel. "Miss berry, I understand that you had a different personality at the start of the year, would you agree" he asks her and I take a deep breath.

Rachel's PoV:
"Yes" I say simply. "Please elaborate" he says.

"Well, I was going through a tough time and I spiralled out of control. I died my hair pink and wore some questionable outfits. In simpler terms I was a bitch" I chuckle self deprecatingly.

"and why was this?" He asks, though it seems quite obvious that he already knows.

"Well, I caught Quinn fabray with my boyfriend. However, I later found out that she had given him a large volume of alcohol and he had no idea what was going on. I didn't know at the time". I said whilst looking down.

"Ah, boy problems." He chuckled.

"Miss berry, I have no more questions for you at the minute but will call on you later" he says and I slump into my chair. I catch eye contact with Finn and he winks at me and I smile.

Quinn's PoV:
I can't believe I'm about to do this. The shooter's family and the lawyer have paid me to change the story around and make it look like Rachel organised the shooting and told him to shoot me, and he turned the plan around last minute and shot Rachel.

I feel terrible about it seeing as Rachel saved my life. But they offered me a lot of money and my family need it.

"Miss fabray, what happened when Miss berry was shot?" He smiles at me and I take a deep breath before saying my rehearsed answer.

"Well, Miss berry was sent out of the classroom. Mr schuester asked me to bring her back so he could apologise to her. I saw her standing at her locker talking to josh. She told him to shoot me" I say and everyone gasps.

Finns PoV:
Rachel's eyes widen and tears fall down her face whilst she shakes her head. The kid is smirking and so is the lawyer I stand up.

"She lying!" I shout before my mom pulls me back down.

"Silence" the judge shouts and he tells Quinn to elaborate.

"Rachel's exact words were: shoot her now, remember the plan. However he then turned the gun on her. I panicked and helped Rachel into the empty classroom" she said quietly. Rachel has her head in her hands.

Santana's PoV:
My best friend literally saved her life and now she's telling lies. When I get called to the stand I tell them everything, the truth. Finn, Sam and puck say the same and we all look at Quinn in disgust and she looks ashamed.

I go last and I notice Rachel shaking and struggling to breathe. And I loose it.

"Hey, she's been shot and groped and she's feeding you garbage" I shout pointing to Quinn.

"My best friend is having a panic attack so can someone help her" I cry. The judge calls for a break and Rachel is escorted out.

Pucks PoV:
Me, Finn, Sam, Santana, Kurt, Blaine and carole stand outside the court took while they help Rachel. Finn is crying and the rest of us are pale.

"Why would quinn do this?" Carole says holding Finn. We all stay talking, thinking of ways we can help Rachel.

Rachel's PoV:
2 policemen take me to a small room and nurse comes In. She smiles at me and tells me that she believes me and helps me take deep breaths. She tells me that I need to be an inspiration to all girls who have been touched or held at gun point, and stand up for myself.

They lead me back into the room where everyone is waiting. I look to my friends and they all look worried. Then the judge starts talking.

"From what I've heard today, there is a possibility that Miss berry is just as guilty as mr miller or not guilty at all. As this was unexpected, we will take miss berry into police custody and resume the trial tomorrow, so she has time to get a lawyer" the judge stated and I begin to sob.

Santana's PoV:
"NO, YOU CANT DO THAT SHE DID NOTHING WRONG" I scream as everyone starts to leave. Rachel looks over into our direction and cries.

"WE'RE GOING TO GET YOU OUT OF HERE RACH" Sam shouts and then two policemen grab her roughly and cuff her before leading her out.