Court day preparations

Rachel's PoV:
Santana and I stayed at the Hudson-hummel household the night before the trial. Finn, puck, Santana and Sam have to give witness statements so carole is going to help calm our nerves.

It's also great because I can share a bed with Finn, Carole trusts us not to do anything whilst she's in the house. I just feel safer and calmer in Finn's arms.

He's been so supportive through the whole process, I mean so have all my friends but I just feel so thankful to have Finn by my side.

I woke up the morning of the trial at 4:00 am and I couldn't get back to sleep. I got up carefully from Finn's embrace being careful not to wake him and went downstairs to make some coffee.

Kurts PoV:
I woke up early to do my hair. I usually don't go to so much trouble but because the trial is televised I figured I'd better make an effort.

They don't usually televise trials but because this was a school shooter who also groped a girl, the story blew up in the tabloids and then all of a sudden petitions were started and BAM.

I walk downstairs to get a coffee and jump when I see someone there.

"Oh god Kurt I'm so sorry did I wake you?"
Rachel asked apologetically. I smiled and hugged her.

"Nope, I just wanted to look good for the cameras in the court room today" i said making her laugh.

"Come on, you can tell you've had no sleep. Let's go to my room and get you ready." I suggest and she smiles gratefully before taking my offered hand.

Rachel's PoV:
I'm so thankful for Kurt, I go to his room and I gasp when I look in the mirror. He laughs and tells me that I don't look bad and that when he covers the bags under my eyes I'll look normal.

When Kurt is finished applying my makeup and doing my hair I nearly cry, he's made me look amazing. I then leave him to get ready, feeling bad because it's 5:00am and because of me he's an hour behind for his hair plans.

I put on a black short sleeve mini dress with a white cardigan. I figured I didn't want to go too dressy seeing as the circumstances aren't great but I don't want to look homeless on tv.

I go back downstairs and start writing down some lyrics that come into my head and I think of Finn the whole time.

I can't win, I can't reign
I will never win this game without you, without you

I am lost, I am vain,
I will never be the same without you, without you

I won't run, I won't fly
I will never make it by without you, without you

I can't rest, I can't fight
All I need is you and I, without you, without you

Oh oh oh
You! You! You!
Without
You! You! You!
Without you

Can't erase, so I'll take blame
But I can't accept that we're estranged without you, without you

I can't quit now, this can't be right
I can't take one more sleepless night without you, without you

I won't soar, I won't climb
If you're not here, I'm paralyzed without you, without you

I can't look, I'm so blind
I lost my heart, I lost my mind without you, without you

Oh oh oh
You! You! You!
Without
You! You! You!
Without you

I am lost, I am vain
I will never be the same without you, without you
Without you

I don't know if I like it so I'll have to work on it a lot, but it's a start. It's now 7:00 am and people will be waking up soon as the trial starts at 10:00am. I carry on writing and trying to replace certain words and pour myself my 5th cup of coffee.

Finns PoV:
I reach my arms out in bed to pull Rachel closer to me but my eyes shoot open when I see that no one is there. I walk downstairs to see her sat at the counter writing, I stay quiet and lean against the door frame whilst I admire her for a while until I speak up.

"Hey" I smile whilst walking over to her she smiles back and I wrap my arms around her waist and hug her from behind. As I do she quickly screws up what she was writing and throws it in the trash and turns to face me.

"What was that?" I ask while placing a kiss on her head. "Just a song but it wasn't the best" she shrugs and leaves the room.

When I know she's gone I take the paper out of the trash and open it up. She's wrote me a love song and it's amazing. I smile at each word and when I hear someone walking down the stairs I quickly shove it in my pocket.

Rachel's PoV:
We're now all sat in the living room waiting for Kurt to finish up. Carole turns to me and asks me to come and talk to her in the kitchen.

"Okay honey, I know that this is going to be scary and that you're really nervous but you know that we all have your back. All you have to do is tell them everything that happened and then the jury will take care of the rest. You're the bravest girl I know Rachel and everything is going to be okay" she said reassuringly before pulling me into a hug.

I hugged back tightly and smiled "thanks mama c".

"Let's get going" she smiled and went into the living room to the others whilst I took a deep breath Finn walked in.

"You look beautiful" he smiled and wrapped his arms around my waist whilst I wrapped mine around his neck and we kissed passionately until the others shouted at us saying we had to go.

Santana's PoV:
I have no idea how Rachel is coping. I mean I'm nervous and I'm just giving a small statement, she's got to take to the stand and describe what happened in detail.

We all file into the room, some cops took Rachel away as she's going first and then will most likely have to go back later in the day. We all sit in the stands with other people who came to watch the trial. The cameras are set up at all different parts of the room and have just started rolling.