Throwdown

3 weeks later and a lot has changed. Puck focused a lot on Santana and helped her get back to her old self. Sure she still has problems, but she feels a lot better - like the old Santana. Rachel however hadn't changed, if anything she got worse.

She didn't talk to Santana at home and stayed under the bleachers at lunch. Sometimes she went to class, but most of her time was alone under the bleachers. Santana, puck, Finn and Sam were trying to get her back but they didn't know how, but they were not giving up.

Rachel's PoV:
I walk into school with my sunglasses on. It's no secret to anyone why my eyes are covered, so they don't ask questions. I'm used to the judging looks and I couldn't care less. I have Spanish now, unfortunately the whole glee club is in that class including Santana.

Yeah she rejoined and has been bugging me to join too. I want to, I really do but I can't look at him without crying so how could I spend extra time with him at an after school club where Quinn is all over him. It's easier this way.

I walk into class and I am greeted with the familiar judging and pitying looks. As I try to walk mr Schue stops me.

"Rachel, this outfit is slightly inappropriate and it violates the dress code. Not to mention your sunglasses" he says it quietly but everyone hears. They turn their heads to watch us.

I'm wearing an oversized t shirt that stops just before mid thigh with a belt around my waist. Yeah it's short but who cares it's a hot day. I roll my eyes "mr Schue, maybe you should ignore what I'm wearing and do what you're paid to do" I sigh.

"Hey troll, maybe you should take it as a hint that you look like a slut" Quinn smirks and I roll my eyes.

"What's up hobbit, cat got you're tongue?" She asks innocently. "Shut up Quinn" Finn says through gritted teeth and she looks shocked.

"Hey fabray, being a cheerleader isn't a personality trait. Notice how the only reason people talk to you is because you're head Cheerio and the only reason you are is because I didn't try out. But the minute I put on that outfit, you go back to being that stupid bitch that everybody hates" i snap and Santana laughs causing the rest of the class to laugh.

"You couldn't take my spot even if you tried" she rolled her eyes but I could see she was worried.

"Bet" I smiled and she went red. "I'll see you tonight at practise Quinn" I smirked.

"And if anyone here wants to watch me embarrass Quinn please feel free to show up" I spoke to the class and turned my attention back to mr Schue who looks stunned. And the class start talking excitedly.

"Right guys that's enough talking. Rachel go to the principals office and sort out your clothes" he says sternly and I walk out, slamming the door behind me.

Santana's PoV:
"Santana, is she like this at home?" Mr Schue asks worriedly and everyone's eyes turns to me.

"To be honest, I wouldn't know. She stays in her room with the door locked" I sigh.

"What do her parents have to say about this?" he asks gently. "They know, but they're never here. They just send us money and hope she snaps out of it" he smiles sadly and gets back to teaching.

I smile to myself. Rachel trying out for cheerios means she's finally getting back to her old self. Sure she's only doing it to embarrass fabray, but hey it's a start. Me and puck share a look and I know he's thinking the same thing.

After school

Santana's PoV:
Today was quinn and Rachel's Cheerios throwdown and half the school has turned up. Finn came and sat with me and puck and he smiled lightly, I could tell he was nervous.

Puck told me about Quinn getting him drunk and taking advantage of him last year and I believe it. I knew that Finn would never knowingly cheat on Rachel.

I see Rachel walk across the field in a Cheerios uniform and goes over to coach sue. When I informed her of what was happening she seemed excited, probably because of the drama that would come with it. That and the fact that Rachel is her favourite cheerleader besides Becky Jackson.

Rachel's PoV:
It feels good to be in this uniform again, just wearing it makes me feel like the old Rachel. But I can't think about it now, sue throws me a wink and I smirk. Not even sue likes Quinn and she must have been desperate to make her head Cheerio.

I notice that the bleachers are full of people and I laugh, clearly everyone wants to see fabray be taken down a notch, and I am more then happy to be the one to make that happen.

Sue starts talking into her megaphone. "Okay everyone, round one will start with the tricks. I'll shout out a move and the girl to do it best will win this round" she shouts and the crowd cheers.

It started fairly easy, from somersaults to cartwheels. Then she started to get to the good stuff. Quinn and I were both doing good, but I think that I was better.

Then it was freestyle time and Quinn went first. She started off with three back flips into a back handspring and a roundoff and she finished by doing a cartwheel. She looked at me and smirked but I grinned back making that smile disappear.

Santana's PoV:
Fabrays good, but Rachel is better. When Quinn finished her little routine she was smirking but that only added humour to the fact that she was going go loose, then Rachel steps forward.

She started off with 5 backflips into an Ariel, she then did a roundoff and went into two front flips and ended in the splits. Everyone stood up and cheered and Quinn looked furious.

"Okay ladies. Judging off the crowds reaction and my opinion, the obvious winner of this round was Berry" sue shouted down the megaphone and everyone cheered.

Considering she changed into this emotionless mean girl, everyone still sees her as that beautiful popular girl who never had a bad thing to say about anyone.

Finns PoV:
I couldn't take this big stupid grin off my face whilst watching Rachel perform. This was the old Rachel, and she was enjoying herself.

"Okay, to be head cheerio you need a good stage presence. for the final round you will each improvise a song and a routine. Berry, you won last round which means you get the advantage of choosing to go first or second" sue shouted and Rachel chose second.

Quinn's performance was...meh. She was good and she did good considering it was improv, but her performance had no wow factor. God kurt's staring to rub off on me. Well to put it into guy terms, it was boring. She sang I say a little prayer for you. To be honest, I found the backup dancers more entertaining and they were just copying Quinn's moves.

Now it was Rachel's turn. I was excited to see and before she began, I already knew that she had won. She began to sing pumpin blood. The whole performance was upbeat and there was never a dull moment. As soon as she stopped the crowd went wild and I was so proud of her, I wanted more then anything to kiss her but I knew I couldn't. Not yet.