12

"Romantic night for RK and his girlfriend."

The news made Manasa weak. Her eyes welled up.

RK looked at her. He wanted to comfort her but something else came out from his mouth. "It's not a big deal Manasa. Cool.  Guys, let's get back to work."

"Not a big deal..?" , She asked shifting her vision towards him. She was boiling in anger.
"Not a big deal ha..?"

The next moment , she grabbed his collars. "Mr.Rishab Kumar, Maybe it's not a big deal for you. But for me, it is a big deal."

He looked at her hands, and then to the whole crew who were watching them keenly. RK gritted his teeth out of anger.

"Listen, I am not a super star like you. I am normal middle class girl. There is something known as self respect, that I have, don't know about you.
  For a woman, self respect is more than anything. And this news has hurted my self respect. "

She left him from her hold.

"I know, all these are parts of your master plan. You tricked and bought me here, locked from outside and claimed the door is jammed ,all these drama. It's all your bloody plan. Is it."

"Mind your words Manasa."

"Don't shout Mr.Rishab. Don't. Because it won't change anything. Yesterday I thought, you are not that bad . But you proved me wrong. You , you are the most cruelest man I have ever met Mr.RK. "

Her words broke his ego more than heart. Being humiliated by a normal girl, infront of the whole crew, that too when he did nothing; that's not something he could ever forget or forgive.

"Shut up Manasa. Don't blame me for everything bad happens to you. I am not responsible for this news. And I -"

Manasa gestured him to stop showing her palm.
"Stop. Just stop it RK. Enough. You are a good actor. I know that. Thank you for all this gift. "

RK tightened his fist, crushing the anger growing inside. He looked at the people around. Some were worried, some were emotionless. But some were enjoying the drama, with teasing smile on face.

Throwing the newspaper on his face, Manasa exited the studio.

RK took a chair near him and threw down breaking it.
"PACK UP!!"

He screamed and rushed out , followed by Salem.
.
.
.

Manasa stepped into her home like a lost soul. Tears failed to come out, yet she was crying inside. She gently gazed up, finding her father in deep thoughts. He had the morning newspaper in his hand, showing the front page news.

"Paapa." , A feeble sound escaped from her lips.

Arnab sensed her presence. He stood up, giving her a glance and retired to his room.

"Paapa , I.."

He stopped in midway.
"I still believe in my daughter. She can't be wrong. But whatever happening now is wrong. Somewhat you are responsible for this. Our esteem, our dignity, and your future; everything just wiped out overnight. "

He went inside his room, breaking Manasa completely. The tears she was fighting back, flow over her cheeks. She fell on her knees , gradually on the floor, crying .
Madhu rushed towards her daughter, giving the support she needed, holding her close to heart .

"Mamma.. I , I don't know.. all this.. please believe me, I am innocent. I , I haven't done anything wrong Mamma.. please.. belive me.."

Madhu: "We know you Manu.. and we believe you. You Papa is just worried for you. Look Manu, you and Misha are young girls of a middle class family and we belong to such a community where things go big and never fade. This news..., It can affect your future very badly. "