8

Manasa came to the kitchen early morning absent minded.

"Manasa... Why aren't you ready yet?" , Asked her mother.

"Today I have evening shift Amma. So I am free for the day. "

Manasa made herself a coffee and moved to the living room. Misha was already present watching TV.

"Misha... Let's watch any good movie please.."

"Wish granted birthday girl. The movie will start any moment. It's Showtime!!"

Manasa sat beside her sister, hugging a pillow. Soon the movie started, with the introduction of the hero.

"Super Star RK in and as Romeo."

"Not again Misha!!!", Manasa screamed in top of her voice. "Today is my birthday right. Please show some kindness. Not him atleast!!"

"Why akka.. he is your friend right..."

"Friend my foot!! Urg!! Change the channel now!!"

"No way akka. That innocent soul, he came here at midnight just to wish you a happy birthday. And look at you. Evil cruel akka. I will watch this movie at any cost." Misha sat hiding the remote, in fully angry mode.

Manasa was helpless. She wanted to argue and change the channel. But Misha was too stubborn and she didn't wanted to start a fight early in the morning.
"How happy I was, when I got to know I have evening shift today. Happy because I didn't want to see his face. Now look... Where am I trapped. One day this RK and Misha will suck the blood out of me. Oh God!!"

The movie was really good. Romantic Comedy, the genre she loves. Whatever be the fact, RK has talent. He was a really good charmer on-screen; off-screen too . But the amount of pride and arrogance he have never let her accept his talent on-screen. Because she was one of them who tries to see the real person than reel.

.
.

Later in the evening, Manasa was getting ready for shoot. The whole day went normal. She was wearing her earrings, when the bouquet reached her eyes. Manasa thought about the note. He mentioned , this birthday will be remembered forever. Was it a threat ? Her mind even thought to take a leave for the day.

Suddenly her phone rang. Manasa took the phone. "Private number... Who could it be.."

She answered the call.
"Hello.."

"The big bright shining star, That makes the audience's heart beat rise,
The cool dashing handsome star,
And the name is RK the super star. "

Manasa rolled her eyes.
"What you want..."

"You.."

"Excuse me..."

"Where are you Bangaram... I am missing you so badly. Wait a minute... It's not like you are taking a day off because of my birthday wishes.."

Manasa was surprised. Can he really read mind or what.
" Mr. Super Star, I am not a coward  who hides back hearing your not so serious blackmails. "

" 'Not so serious ' ah, really you think so Bangaram. "

"First stop calling me Bangaram. And I am on my way . Bye."

She disconnected the call and threw the phone over the bed.

RK smirked looking at the phone.
"Come soon Darling. I am waiting..."

.
.

Manasa reached the studio nearly by 7pm.  To her surprise, the studio was dark and empty. The fear of darkness slowly engulfed in. She tip-toed into the studio calling for someone.

"Anybody here.... Hello... Anybody..."

Silence was the only answer. She decided to get out of the place and call  the production controller. She reached the door but found it closed . Manasa tried opening it but she couldn't. She took her phone and dialed the P.C, but he was not picking up.

Her heart beat began to rise. She was scared to hell. Manasa again tried to open the door, banged , cried for help. Suddenly the spot lights came. She looked behind and moved towards the light. Manasa could see someone standing right under the spot light.

"Wh...who is that... I am... asking...who... are you.."

The figure stepped forward revealing his face.
"A star that came directly from sky, RK."

The fear left her in a minute. And replaced by anger.
"RK , what kind of joke is this... "

"Not a joke Manasa. It's your birthday surprise... "

She averted her gaze from him and stood with arms crossed.
"Open the door RK, I wanna go. Right.Now."

"Nah... Not so soon Sweety. Your cake, gift everything is waiting for you. Come on.. cut the cake. "

RK pointed to the table, well arranged with a cake at the middle. She was confused at this gesture. RK grabbed her hand and dragged towards the cake.
"Cut it.. "
He ordered placing the knife in her hand.

"RK, I don't have time to spare for your drama. Let me go home."

"Hmm.. means you are not going to obey easily. I was just trying to be a gentleman, bought a birthday cake for you, cancelled the shoot for today and RK himself decided to spare his valuable time with you... But I think you are not happy with my sweet gesture. It's okay.. RK has his own ways.."

He stepped behind her and held both her hands .
"RK what are you doing.. leave my hand... RK..."

She struggled to get out from his hold. But she was not strong enough.
He forcefully made her cut the cake and stuffed her mouth with a small piece.
"Happy Birthday Manasa.... "

She looked at him in disbelief. And he stood with his ever charming smile.
RK released her from his hold.

"Are you mad or what RK... What the hell are you doing..."

"Manasa... Don't get pissed off so soon. It's just a beginning. I just wanted you to enjoy your last happy day. From tomorrow, RK himself doesn't know how he is gonna make you suffer.. "

Threat was clearly evident in his tone. She was not scared of him. But something in his tone made her disturbed.

RK took his phone and dialed the security's number.
"Open the door."
He ordered and disconnected the call.

He tried to read her face. She was brave enough, he knew. Yet he could make her tense. A great victory indeed.

A minute later the security called back him. "Sir... The door is not opening. "

"What you mean by not opening... "

RK moved towards the door and banged on it.  It doesn't took much time for Manasa to figure out whats happening.

"Sir.. I think the lock has jammed. Let me call someone. "

The security screamed from the other side.

"Damn...!!" , He was furious.

"RK I wanna go home now...!!"

"You can find the window that side. You are free to fly and go.... Happy!!! Are you deaf or what.. Don't you hear the door lock is jammed."

Manasa gritted her teeth. What else can she do.
Both of them were trapped inside.

Hey pepzzz....
I hope all are safe and sound...

RK is a bit rude and arrogant. He had his own ways of doing things. Don't mind guys... Everyone has there own bad qualities. So as good. RK too has... Afterall he is our hero 😁😁😁

Thank you..
Annujam ♥️