Chapter 21: Victory with a Cost

Hey, human how are you? Good, I hope with how crazy things are right now. Remmeber to comment on the last chapter for any questions you have for me of any of the characters. Ok let's get into the chapter, shall we?

Homework is a real pain. I am sitting at the table doing Sociology and have to do a five-page essay on cognitive dissonance and how it affects a person's life. I decide to be done for the day and decide to look at some fanfiction on Wattpad. I am reading a story by VampireLord_2101. He is doing a story called The V+ Rated Ghoul. Funny to see humans make fanfics about me. Looking at his announcements I see that he is going to be doing a Kpop story after this one. I think the name Pandemic Uprising would be a good title. It could be about a new group formed under BigHit Entertainment.

"Might have to steal that idea from you, Jack."

I look around and see now one. Man, I need to see a doctor about that voice I keep hearing. After an hour or so, I make some human stew for dinner. While chopping up the meat Mrs, Marshall walks in.

     "Something smells good," she says her ghoul eyes coming out because of the intoxicating smell.

     "It is human stew and it will be done in about thirty minutes." Later when the food is done and we eat. She tells me that her manager is going to give her less work and I smile. After dinner, I clean up and text my SS rated ghouls be ready to move out tomorrow night and I text Noah, Brianna, and Thomas to come over. Within ten minutes they were here.

     "What is up Jack? We planing again." Brianna asks.

     "Yes so sit down guys. Next on the list is Andrews and Suzuya. We will do a frontal assault this time bacause I want to make an entrance. Thomas I want you to guard The Nightmare while I take the other SS rated ghouls and Brianna and Noah. I need to make sure HQ does not fall. Ok, Thomas?"

     "You can count on me, my king."

     "Do not go to school tomorrow. I will text Mr. Hide tonight about it. That is it, guys. Meet me at The Nightmare when I text you guys." With that, they left and I walked to my room and slept.

The next morning my alarm clock goes off waking me up. I get up and go take a shower and get ready for the day. Since I am not going to school today I decided to go to the gym for a workout. Normally I do not work out because I am already strong, but I figure it would pass the time. The attack will be late tonight.

Time Skip to Jack and the ghouls at The Nightmare. 

I walk into the restaurant in my half mask and red leather coat. "Alright everyone knows the plan. I want half of my SS rated ghouls to help Thomas guard and he rest are with me. Let's go SHARKS." I order and we head out. Soon after we make it to where the CCG's equipment manufacturing factory. I shout to my ghouls behind me. "Who are we?!"

     "SHARK!"

     "What is our motto?"

     "FUCK WITH SHARK AND YOU GET BIT!"

By now CCG gurds were starting to come out with their weapons in hand. "NO SURVIVORS UNDERSTAND? NOW BEGIN!" They all activate their kagune and charge at the CCG. I smile from underneath my mask and charge at the CCG. I run and jolt about ten feet in the air and yell "Metal meteor shower," as I send metal shards from my ukaku. I land and use my metal wings to slash a couple of agents while shooting more shards. I run into the building and so does Noah and Brianna while the other ghouls dealt with the outside.

We make into the building as hear the clank of metal machines. We were looking for Suzuya and Andrews when I turned around I caught a bullet. "Close but not close enough." I look up at a beam from the celing to see Andrews jump down with a sniper rifle. Soon after Suzuya came from a door.