Chapter 11: Base of Operations

Hey, humans back at it again with another chapter. Thank you for those who have been reading this story! If you haven't already, be sure to check out my other completed stories. Ok let's get into it, shall we?

'What the actual fuck. This is not happening.' I turned around to see the person calling me was Arima The White Reaper himself. I thought he was in Japan? First Aogiri Tree and now him, great. Well, this is going to be one interesting first year of college. I walk toward him and sit in the seat he pulled out for me.

     "Investigator Armia what a pleasant surprise to see you." I shook his hand as calmly as I could. My heart was beating a mile a minute.

     "Likewise Jack, is everything alright you seem rather tense?"

     "I'm fine, just a little stressed about adjusting to college is all. What brings you to the states?"

     "I was working on the ongoing case on the eyepatch ghoul when me and a couple of my colleges were told by our director that we will be going to the states. Apparently, the CCG agency here in the U.S was having trouble with The Vampic Demon Ghoul King. Our primary objective is to eliminate the V+ rated ghoul. That being said we are also ordered to kill every last ghoul in Hanford and Lemoore. Those two cities have a ghoul issue that must be stopped."

     "Mr. Armia, you do know that he is the most powerful ghoul in the states right? With a kill count of over a million, you must be scared a little right?"

     "Not at all. In my years of fighting, I have never lost a battle. However, I did encounter him while in Japan. He is the only one who landed a scratch on me in a fight, so when I beat him I told him to get stronger."

     "Are you all in one squad or separate?"

     "Once the Vampire King gets wind of this new squad he will surely target it, so as a precaution we are split up into subunits. Anyway, where are you studying?"

How does he switch topics like it is nothing? No matter growing stronger is just what I have been doing. Just you wait I will make you scream. "I am going to the local community college West Hills."

     "Jack, your order is ready," Jeremy calls.

     "I must be off Investigator, good luck on your mission," I give him a quick bow, get my drink, and head out. I pull out my phone and send a group text to all ghouls from both Hanford and Lemoore telling them to meet at The Nightmare at once. I need to reorganize SHARK and assign roles. Every ghoul who is loyal to me is a part of SHARK, but I never assigned roles. Making my way to the restaurant walk in and change into my white royal white outfit.

I walk up to the stage to set up the microphone so I will be heard. I hear a noise at the door and I see it's my ghouls coming in. Once I see everyone has taken their seats I start.

     "Good evening everyone." They then get up and bow.

     "Good evening my king."

     "Please forgive me if I pulled you away from something important, but this could not wait. It has come to my attention that a group of agents from Japan have arrived in the U.S. Their goal primary goal is to eliminate me and all ghouls in Hanford and Lemoore." I pause to let this sink in for my fellow ghouls. I see one has his hand raised.

     "My king, you are the strongest ghoul in the world. Why are you worried? Besides, we all know how to fight your majesty."

Jack will be saying a lot so I will be splitting it up into separate paragraphs.

     "Before my college started, Hayden and I took a trip to Japan. While there I attacked an investigator who goes by the name Kishou Arima aka The White Reaper. When I faced him, it was unlike any opponent I have ever faced. His speed was so fast I had trouble keeping up with him. He was able to dodge a point rinkaku attack like it was nothing. He could have killed me, so this is nothing to take lightly. He seems more than just human. I do not know how many squad members there are, but if they are all as powerful as him then this will be difficult.

Another issue we have is Aogiri Tree. Its leader approached me a couple of days ago asking me to join them. When I refused she threatened our fellow ghoul Hayden Marshall and his mom. I have no doubt that they are the only ones that are under threat. To combat this I will be assigning roles here in SHARK. Before I assign roles, anyone that does not want to be involved may leave."

I look around and see no one has left.

     "Alright, the ghouls rated A through C will be on communications. Before you all ask I already looked at everyone's personal files and know who works best in each role. A through C ghouls you will be staying here sending the rest of un information, you will be our eyes and ears. 

Ghouls rated S to S+ you will be guards. You will be split into 3 groups. The first group will guard The Nightmare and the ghouls inside. The second group will watch over the borders of Hanford and Lemoore. You will monitor dove that crosses in and out of the territory. Protect the ghouls in the territory you are guarding. Ghouls that are not apart of SHARK that live in those towns will be given passes to pass between the two. Any ghoul that tries to enter either territory without a pass should be considered a threat and is to be killed on sight. For all you know it could be a member of  Aogiri Tree. The third group will guard my house and those ghouls who have families.

 Now my SS+ ghouls you will like this. You all will be my warriors for when I go on missions. When not on missions I want you to check up on the other ghouls rated A through S+. Also, you will be hunting for meat while the other should are working. I ask you to use some discretion.

The majority of SHARK is made up of SS+rated ghouls, but the real reason SHARK has stayed afloat is because of my SSS+ ghouls. SHARK is made of about 50% of SS+ Ghouls and 1% SSS+. I know all the SSS+ from high school. Others are family friends and some were old members of my dad's ghoul organization. There were three SSS+ ghouls. 

     "As SSS+ rated ghouls you three pose the biggest threats the CCG right after me. Noah, Thomas, and Brianna, it is my understanding you all are still looking for a college to go to right?" Noah was the first to speak.

     "Yes my king, as I am sure you aware the three of us were away on taking care of some 'business' during sign-ups. Are you suggesting us signing up for your college?"

     "Exactly, I want the three of you to be my bodyguards. Besides we were friends in high school. Are you three alright with this?" Brianna is the next to speak. 

     "It would be our honor, my king."

      "Ok, I think that is it for this meeting. We must stop this threat before they take us all out. I do not want my fellow ghouls to die. I would die for anyone of you or your families and I am eternally grateful for your loyalty. This new squad from Japan threatens to whip up out and I will not let that happen I promise you. Together SHARK will endure and conquer!! Everything that was talked about will take effect tomorrow at 8:oo sharp. 

Ghouls rated A through C during this meeting I had some human friends of mine set up a communications station and living quarters for you. Your living quarters are floors two and three and floor one is the communication station. For the S rated ghouls that will be guarding the restaurant, you will be switching shifts guarding so some of you can eat and rest. That is all I have for the night, once again thank you for coming."

I walk down from the podium when I hear the ghouls chanting.

     "All hail the King! All hail the King! All hail the king!"

It was at this moment that I realized that they were not loyal to me because of rear or respect. It was because they all cared about me. I was so moved that I shed a tear. Of course, I would never admit it.

Well, that was it for this chapter. SHARK is now an organized group. I had a lot of fun writing this chapter! I hope everyone is staying safe during this time. Until next time VampireLord_2101 out!