Chapter 20: Perspective is Everything

Hey, humans back again with another chapter! Let's get into it, shall we?

Before leaving the factory I made sure to change into my normal clothes. As I walk home I chuckle to myself "SHARK one, CCG zero" I say out loud. I make my way home and am greeted by the replacement guards. "Good evening gentlemen."

       "Good evening my king, How was your mission," One asks.

      "The mission was a success. Did anything happen tonight while I was gone," I look to the one on the right.

     "No sir, it was a peaceful night."

     "Very good, here is a little something from tonight's mission." I handed them some means and I go into the house. When I walk in I see Mrs. Marshall watching tv in the living room. "Mrs. Marshall, what are you still doing up?"

     "I wanted to make sure you got home safe."

     "Thank you, I am save as you can see. It is late we should get to bed."

     "Alright, goodnight Jack." 

She turns the tv off and goes upstairs. I go to the basement and put the meat I got at the mission away. I get a blood bag and head up to my room and head to bed. The next day I wake up just in time to see my alarm go off. I get dressed and walk downstairs and see a note and a plate of flesh pancakes. It was from Mrs. Marshall saying she said had to go into work early and she made food for me. Crap I never called her work, might as well do that right now. She works at a company that sells people insurance.

The company is owned by a friend of my father and other ghouls from his old gag so I give them a call. It rings before a woman picks up.

     "Hello, this is the Welfare business institute. Front desk Susan."

     "Yes, hi Susan this is Jack Williams. Can you connect my call to Derek please?"

     "Right away my king, please hold."

I wait a little bit before hearing a voice.

     "My king, how may I help you this morning?"

     "Hi, Derek I am calling for a favor. A worker of yours by the name of Lisa Mashall. She has been working long shifts and has been coming home with terrible bags under her eyes. Is there a way you can lighten her load?"

     "Yes of course my king. I will talk to her supervisor and tell him this is an order from the king himself."

     "It is not so much a order, more like a favor, please. I do not want to sound like a tyrant."

     "I understand. Have a good day sir."

I end the call. I hope this will improve the bags around Mrs. Marshall's eyes go away. Hearing a car pull up in the driveway, I get my things and head out to meet Thomas. I get in the car and see Noah and Brianna.

     "It on the news you know," Brianna said.

     "That was fast." Noah then adds to the conversation.

     "You should not be surprised. With you being the most notorious and wanted ghoul, anything that has to do with you is on the new within the hour. Not to mention you killed a subunit of the Vanguard Action Squad."

     "To tell you guys the truth I do not want this death and bloodshed. This year I was trying to lower the carnage, but I do what I must to protect my ghouls."

     "Well said Jack," said Thomas as we pulled up to the school.

Getting out the car we head for the student union until class starts. Making our way inside I see Damien and we go sit with him. "Hey, Damien."

     "Hey, Jack. Brianna, Thomas, and Noah. I feel like I never see you guys anymore."

     "Yeah sorry, a lot of stuff has been happening."

     "Did you guys see the news about what happen last night?"

     "Is was on my tv first thing this morning. Jack is the only one one who has not seen it yet," Thomas said.

Damien pulls out his phone and plays a video from the news on youtube.

     "He has struck again ladies and gentlemen. I am standing outside of the CCG's quinque manufacturing factory where last night The Vampiric Demon Ghoul King and SHARK attacked. The entire staff including two members from the Vanguard Action Squad investigators Miller and Mado. Inside a message written in blood said and I quote 'Fuck with SHARK and you get bit.' We will keep you updated on the situation as it unfolds."

     "Fuck with SHARK and you will get bit. That is clever author.

     "Your welcome Jack."

     "Um Jack who is this author you speak off," Noah asked.

     "Nothing, lets head to class."

Time Skip to Ghoul Biology

Time for Mr. Hide's class. Weird to be in class for once. After we take our seats Mr. Hide starts the lesson.

     "Good evening class. Today we are going to talk about you feel about ghouls. In particular their motives. Ghouls have motives just like humans, right?"

Damien rased his hand.

     "Yes Mr. Hide. Their motives and goals may not bethe same, but they are not monsters."

     "What are you talking about? Take the Vampiric Demon Ghoul King for example. He is killing the Vanguard Action Squad when they did nothing wrong. He also killed how many people when going after the old CCG director. He is a monster that should be exterminated," said Deborah. 

A couple more classmates started to agree. Just judging me when they have no idea what I went threw. Noah, Brianna and Thomas look me with comforting eyes to make me feel better. I have heard enough.

     "Excuse me Mr. Hide may I have a turn to talk please."

     "The floor is yours Mr. Daniels."

     "First off we can not judge The Vampiric Ghoul King if we do not know him. It is so easy to make an assumption when you do not know all the facts. His family was killed in front of  him while hiding like his parents told him to. If you are going to judge someone do it objectively. Seeing his parents killed as a child can be hard to deal with and if that was not enough, he had already deemed a threat because he was born a hybrid. When he got older he did what any teen with eight years of anger pent up did. he took revenge. The hybrid must have figured if he was labeled a threat before doing anything, then he might as well let loose. To the CCG he is a threat and vise versa. You see when we are children we learn the diffrence between a hero and a villain, a savor and a lost cause, good and evil. but what if the only differance is just who is telling the story?"

Every looked at me with their mouths to the floor. Well I hope that cleared everything up for them. I am impressed with myself because in high school when someone said a rude thing about ghouls I would snap. The bell rings and me and my friends leave and go home. I need to make a plan for the next two targets. 

That was it for the chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it. Until next time VampireLord_2101 out!