Chapter 13: The Vanguard Action Squad

Hey humans, back at it again with another chapter. Also, this month marks my one-year of being apart of Wattpad! Crazy to think it has only been a year since I started. Ok, enough of that. Real quick, I wanted to state that the Ghoul restaurant The Nightmare is in Hanford. The reason he got there so fast in chapter 11 walking is that he used his vampire speed. La Traqueur Nocturne is in Lemoore. Let's get into the chapter, shall we?

Elana's Pov her house

I was looking at the case files on my dining room table getting nowhere. Since it was Saturday I had the day off so I figured I would go train. My house has an underground train space that my husband would always use. I have been practicing using my kagune and I still have trouble. My kagune coils around my right are with a sharp point. For a koukaku, it is quite light.

(Got this picture from Pinterest)

I set up the dummies and attack. I launch my kagune at the targets and it hits them, good I getting ing better with my aim. I was about to attack again when my phone went off and I was getting a call. It was investigator Suzuya.

Me: Hellow?

Suzuya: Andrews its Suzuya.

Me: Good afternoon sir. What can I do for you?

Suzuya: Do you remmeber when we got that tip about the sighting of The Vampiric Demon Ghoul King? Well HQ was able to pinpoint the location. I need you at **** street. Other investigators are setting up a perimeter. I am on route their now meet me right away.

Me: Yes sir, right away!

I end the call, well there went my day off. I go up to my room and get my suitcase and my coat. I get into the car and head to the address like I was told to. Arriving I can see a crowd around the ally. Getting out of the car I head toward the ally way asking civilians to move and go over the tape and see my partner.

"Ah Andrews you made it come over here and tell me what you see," investigator Suzuya said to me.

Walking over I see blood on the floor and two-hole marks on the wall. Furthermore, there is a large impact on the wall across from it indicating there was a fight. "Sir it would be seen there was a fight between the V+ ghoul and another." He walks next to me.

"Very good Andrews, but what elts do you find odd?"

"What I find odd investigator Suzuya is that the Vampiric Demon Ghoul King went in this ally way to fight as if he was trying to keep it subtle. I think he must have been walking home, in the middle of his walk he realized he was being followed. Not having his mask with him, he went into the ally way to confront said follower. If things turn south which they did he could 'handle' the situation without his face being seen."

What I want to know is what ghoul would be flowing The V+ rated ghoul and have the guts to pick a fight with him? That other ghoul is either really strong or stupid.

"Your observation skills are top-notch Andrews. Yes, I agree with your theory as it makes the most sense. What I find interesting is this shirt" Said Suzuya.

I see him pick up a dark blue shirt with golden writing on the back. It says West Hills College Lemoore.

"Andrews, pull up on your phone and tell me how far that college is from our location and the nearest residential area from the college."

Doing as he says I pull out my phone and take a look. "Sir it is only about a ten-minute walk from here and the closest residential area from the college is only about twenty munites from here."