Chapter Twenty- Eight; Secrets To Fulla

This delay is on me! I'm so super sorry! Covid has been a wild journey and time has slipped my hands. It took me so much longer to get this chapter written how I wanted.

------------------------------------------------

Onyxia

The wind roared loudly; deafening against the crashing of the waves due to rock fall. His mouth moved, blood trickled out, blurry eyes fought against going dark as death approached him quickly. He spoke with urgency, the promise of a quicker death a useful motivation. White foam pooled to soak the already freezing. The water argued amongst itself against freezing to ice and ravaging the rocking cliff line in angry rushes. My ears burned to hear over the deafening surroundings and the strident rush of blood pulsing through me.

"Nyx..."

The voice was foreign and far away. I frowned at its sound. I didn't have time for distractions, I needed the truth. Doing my best to concentrate, I battled in bouts against fatigue and the seeping wounds. A hand pressed tightly to my chest, keeping the gapping slash as closed as possible, but I only had two hands. My head felt woozy and screaming in pain. I didn't have time to bleed, it was no time to die, I reminded myself. Twisting my hand, I trembled to be reminiscent to myself that it was still lodged in the open wound of the man dying before me, hot blood warmed the fingers clutching his spilled intestines. Whose fault was this? I spoke. Who wanted me dead? Who hunted me down? Blurry eyes flared, and pained gasps and whispers turned to screams of agony.

"Nyx..." The distant voice pressed more urgently. I looked up, but all I could see was the darkened rocky shoreline. Birds. Wind. Waves. A dying man. I turned to the side, staring in heartbroken eyes. The wheezing inhalation grated my heart, tears burned my eyes. I looked back up, although my body pained me to do so, even lifting a finger felt like such an impossible task. Fire. There was fire above. Tiny flames so far up. The wind blew through, my body trembled, my damp clothing growing icy enough for my body to shiver as it fought and failed to stay warm.

Leaning close, I let my dying foe whisper in my ear answers. He spoke of everything and nothing. Words of a man too long dead, and in such a hurry to die. The water around us was dark, but the moon held sturdy. I looked up again; jolted I found the bright sun greeted me. The wind had stopped, and the man was dead. I held nothing but cold and rotting entrails. How long had I been here? What had happened? Words repeated in my mind, embedding in my thoughts.

I knew.

Now, I knew.

"Onyxia... please...."

There was no time to die, the living could kill me. The dead couldn't haunt. I sat in blood; my blood, his blood, the blood that tricked from the canines mouth. The voice eluded me, forcing myself to stand, my bones creaked and a dog howled. Meeting dark eyes I motioned to get up, but then I was no longer on steady land.

Cold. The water was so cold. Darkness cradled me, blood and bubbles filled my vision. I couldn't move; it was beautiful though. The world was silent; I froze in time. Yet I could still hear it, the whisper in my ear. It told me not to tell a single soul. It told me that the crows watched were the ravens soared, that the spiders will guide also. That I had to be careful because trust was no longer. I wasn't afraid to die, although I didn't think that was what was happening. There was a gentle splash and a pained paddle, I reached out my arms to find them clean under the waves, I clutched the furred body to me. At least death will come companioned. Cradled as if a mother with a child. Peaceful. Serine. I closed my eyes, and slept.

"Nyx, would you just look at me!"

I jumped awake from my daydream, startled. My eyes darted, but I found myself in a tent. Warmth. Fires. Air. Confusion hit me, I was standing in a tent, but I could hear water. There were candles, a fire pit outside. I looked down, there was no blood. I cradled air where there used to be a cherished friend. Tears bit my eyes. For a dazed moment, I was shattered in disorientation, turmoil and anguish, perplexed in my surroundings. Glancing up from my trembling hands, I faced angry blue eyes. "Alex." I murmured, simply.