Chapter Eleven: Not One of Us

** Had to republish as it was accidentally removed by Wattpad

It had been two weeks and I had barely seen Alex, in fact it seemed like he was avoiding me. When I saw him at meal times he would barely speak to me, I was beginning to really worry that I might have said something stupid to make him unhappy with me. I couldn't completely recall that night I stayed out; when I arrived in my room I was exhausted out of my mind. I had a fuzzy haze to our conversation but couldn't remember it clearly. Maybe I said something or did something, I don't know. He didn't sleep in my bed, although sometimes I would dream that he did. I could almost swear that it was real when I felt that hard body next to me, touching me, kissing me. Then I would recall that he hates me kissing him, that it repulsed him to do that with me. It was a privilege that only his mistresses had. I would wake up hot and aroused; my skin would feel sticky in places. I had developed a fear that I was drooling in my sleep; my face would feel wet and sticky. I hoped I wasn't, I've never done that before. Somedays I would feel a throbbing pain in the pit of my stomach, I couldn't control it. The bruising and soreness went away in just a few days, and I was able to convince myself that I was completely fine. But he never came. I waited, I did. I would wait in the bed for him to come and take me, but it seems he has forgotten. It should be good news to me that he finally left me alone. It wasn't. I felt more than a bit frustrated.

I had bunned my hair up lazily today; the long strands at the front kept falling over my face. I had wrapped a scarf about my head, like my handmaidens did, to keep it from falling from its pinned position. Leaving only the annoying fringe to be pushed to the side and visible. I had been given a pretty pastel pink gown, it had short-cupped sleeves and its bodice, cuffs and hem were lined with rows of silver beading. At least it was long enough to cover my feet so they didn't know any of the boots I had matched.

I needed to find a doctor, I had been terribly sick these last few days. My body was sensitive and sore to touch, I had a fever and I couldn't hold down my food. I ventured around the castle, slowly becoming familiarized with certain areas, not so much with others. I didn't know she existed until I accidentally walked into the wrong room, taking a right hand turn instead of left. In the room that resembled some fantasy out of an Arabian tale, there she stood. She had the body of one of those statues I've seen decorating the gardens. Tall, curvaceous, and beautifully striking. I couldn't quite pick her origins, her skin wasn't pale and still wasn't overly dark, just a dusting of tan. Her hair was a deep brown that shimmered like autumn leaves in the sunlight. It was set in large coils that fell down to her buttocks. Her lips were pinked and plump, pouting in such a natural way that, to me, resembled a type of fish. Her eyes were dark, they're colour undistinguishable. Framing them were eyelashes so dark and long I found myself quite envious.

She moved to sit straddled on top of the man who I still sometimes struggle to think of as my husband, long legs bent on either side. She didn't bother to cover herself, or even act shocked. She just stared at me, her enormous, harpy-like breasts protruding like wild fruit. Now that I awkwardly managed to gain their attention by accident I had to think of a reason to be here or something to say.

I turned around and covered my face with my hands. "Sorry, wrong door. I'm looking for the medics' office, I got the wrong instructions." I swallowed nervously. "Sorry, I really don't mean to stare." I apologized, glancing back around. "You are truly stunning, you'd be remarked as a goddess even Freyja would envy back home." I said, stupidly, "Sorry to intrude, but while I'm here I'll to tell our king that I will be staying in my room for the rest of the day, I won't be attending dinner so if I don't see you later on I thought I'd wish you a good night now. To both of you." I gave a kind of bow, and smiled whilst I died inside. "I'm Onyxia, by the way. It would be rude not to give my name, I suppose" I trailed on, stumbling back towards the door.