Chapter Fifteen: Trickle

Onyxia PoV

I stood enjoying the water fall down my body and the sun's rays upon my back, finding tranquillity in the peace of bathing under the waterfall. I knew that he was most likely near or looking for me. Arrogant bilge rat. For every time he made me smile I wanted to punch him in the face. I was sick of being the tree he punched, I was tired of it being my bark that got splintered. It was always me. I was the one who had to deal with him whenever he was angry or sad or unable to relax. They got to get his good side. I wanted to be the one who was able to have that with him one day. No distractions. No obligations. Just one moment where I could see him, not the person he wants everyone to see. I wanted to be the one to hold him and comfort him after he's had a long tiring day. Just to make him feel relaxed, make him feel loved. I wanted him to rely on me to be that person that will be there for him. Not because I have to be, but because there is nothing I'd rather do than be there. Because, I love him.... How unfortunate is that?

I hadn't seen him in a day, he'd been understandably busy with his uncle and plans for negotiations for this monarch we plan to go see. If I took one guess on how those talks were going I would take a gander it was not well. Although I did appreciate that my husband slept in my bed, eventually, after drinking and rutting himself delirious, I didn't like being the bunt end. Last night he came to our bed drunk out of his mind. Yelling and screaming, directing it all at me. It was all my fault. I wasn't the Queen I should be, yet had I ever been given the chance to show the type of queen I am? No, I haven't. Plus, a true queen does not need a king. He should know better to ever challenge that again.

The cooling water pouring over me relaxed my muscles blissfully. I was sore from riding the horses. Riding him. Being ridden. Not that the latter two seem to happen enough. He was too busy trying to put a baby in his lovers than with me. Too busy with politics and work. Too busy getting drunk with his friends. Too busy just to plow me so bloody hard so I could just have something to break this frustrating edge. I wanted him. I hated that I wanted him, but I did. Almost four months we've been married and we've had sex nine times. Nine! For Norns sake, just fuck me! How many ways do I have to say this to him?

"That is an almighty frown, skjöldur mær minn." I turned to glare at him. He stood hip deep in water, smiling at me with infuriating charm. He must have gone under because his hair was wet and water trailed down his perfectly sculpted body, caressing each muscle and taunt inch of that hardened body. "Care to join me for a swim?"

"No." I rejected, angrily scrubbing my body. Is it because he thinks I'm fat? I had noticed that my waist is thicker than it used to me, and I look bloated in places. I was still sick from the food, maybe he was disgusted by my constant vomiting and illness. I had made sure I did everything I could to demonstrate that I was more than capable of handling living outdoors and being resourceful. "You don't know how to float anyway."

My body shivered as that smooth laugh chilled me. "One part of me knows how to float very well, bardagamaður." His voice dropped low and purred with temptation. The type of tone I've heard him use for his mistresses.

Disappointment lingered through me, they must be occupied. "What do you want, A.J?" I couldn't keep the dwell of weariness from my tone. I turned out of the dripping water to face him, keeping my face as neural as I could manage. He just looked up at me, furrowing his brows over those blue eyes. "You haven't called me that in a while." He said, slowly. I looked away from him for a moment before turning back towards the waterfall and walking through it to the small cave behind. In the corner of my eye, I saw him move to follow.

"Sætur gyðja....falleg gyðja....." He murmured, "Hví þú nennir að keyra frá mér?" He climbed up the rocks and into the small alcove where I was. He passed at the entrance, observing me with a calculating expression.