Chapter 20: Nothing but a normal teenager

CHAPTER 20

Some people say they hate surprises, but really, deep, deep, deep down in their hearts, Angela believes there's no way that anyone could possibly hate it. Surprises come in many different shapes and forms.

For example, a good surprise would be your parents coming home to tell you you're getting an all expense paid trip to go fly to another state to attend Ariana Grande's concert. Now that would make Angela cry. Happy tears, of course.

A bad surprise would be finding out you have a written report with a minimum 3000 words due in the next class starting in 15 minutes. Angela reckons no one likes this kind of surprise, and if someone out there actually likes it... hahaha. But to each their own.

The heiress thought she'd never be one to surprise people, she never liked the whole planning process that much, too much work involved. But now, she was pretty damn sure if anyone walked in, it would look like she just revealed that she had a bomb planted in the room. Yeah. Crazy.

There was pindrop silence. No one dared to say anything, rather, they couldn't. The mere thought of the words that came out of Angela's mouth had stunned them. But it wasn't only shock. Confusion, disbelief, and even awe. Angela never knew a myriad of expressions could be so obvious on a human face, but here she was, staring at all of them.

Angela cleared her throat. "... Surprise?" She gave them jazz hands, albeit a little too dead.

Alex facepalmed. "It's over. I'm ruined. I'm going to be sacked as soon as dad finds out, then I'll be put on desk duty for the next year," He groaned.

"The magazine!" Chase spoke up, dumbfounded, the words coming out shakily, "That was you!" Even though he had recognised her, he still had trouble believing it.

"The one and only," Angela revealed.

Charles snapped out of it, but his attention wasn't directed at her. He was looking straight at Kyle. "You knew about it." It wasn't a question. It was a statement.

Kyle nodded. He knew he had concealed it from his best friend, but it was a secret that really mattered to her. He had her trust, and he wasn't going to break it.

"How?"

Kyle felt Angela tense up beside him. "We met in a business meeting, and I happened to find out about it," He lied smoothly.

Charles found it slowly making sense. Kyle suddenly coming to the defense of the Santario was by no means expected, but with this development, he finally understood his actions. Even though he was in awe that he was even standing in the presence of such a figure in high society, Charles' eyes next shifted to Alex. "And what are you? What's this about clients? And agent?"

Alex stilled. "I don't answer to you, Huxx. It's classified information." His answer only seemed to make Charles narrow his eyes even further.

Chase eyes lit up. "Wait, agent? You're from Hartex?" He pointed at Alex, who blinked at him in confusion. "That's the only thing that comes to mind when I hear agents! My parents hired a bodyguard for me when I was younger when my old caretaker stole from the family safe. I found out about Hartex back then, but I haven't seen another agent ever since."

Alex nodded slowly in understanding. "That makes sense."

"Looks like we've been in similar situations," Angela noted.

Chase laughed nervously. "Sorry but I'm not a freaking billionaire hiding her identity, uh, mistress? Your Majesty? Your Highness?"

Angela held a hand up to stop him, ignoring the soft chuckling of Alex as the blond was figuring out different titles. "Just Angela's fine. We're client buddies."