Chapter 19: Infirmaries are cursed

CHAPTER 19

"Angie! Quick, come here!" Alex pulled the brunette along with him into one of the cave-like structures of the playground, panting heavily.

"This is a horrible place to hide," Angela cried. "We'll definitely be caught in no time."

They crouched down nonetheless, retreating to the very corner of the bright yellow cave structure, huddling close together, hearts racing.

Angela groaned. "I swear, if we get caught first, you're paying for the ice cream," She glared.

"Well, we'll get caught if you don't shut your mouth," The young boy shot back.

Angela didn't know why she agreed to this. It was a simple game of hide and seek, one that should be harmless. Keyword: should be. But now it was the hunger games. A stupid bet brought them here. The bet? First one caught by the seeker pays for the ice cream sundae.

But it wasn't any normal ice cream sundae, no. It was THE ice cream sundae. Made in that small dessert shop tucked away in the corner of the street just across their middle school, adorned in pink and yellow frills. Cupcake seats scattered the shop, the tables looked like fudge brownies and the owner was an old cheerful lady who loved making sweets and desserts so much, she created the monstrous sundae she nicknamed 'Dae S'cream for Me'. Yeah, she's great at naming her desserts. Just wait till you see the other items on her menu like 'The Milkshake that brings the Boys to the Yard' and her spread of 'Downright Dirty Doughnuts'. But that was for another time.

The sundae was started with a foundation of thick waffles at the base, sliced banana lined edges, topped with whip cream then a drizzle of your choice of caramel, chocolate or white chocolate. After that comes the fun part. The old lady hated limits, so why stop with only 3 ice cream scoops? She offered to have every single flavour she had available to be on that sundae, all 50 of them, all up to your choice. Think that's enough diabetes? Of course not. Mini churros, eclairs, ice popsicles, brownies and wafers decorated the top, along with your choice of the 10 different sprinkles they had to offer, and finally another drizzle of sweet, sweet sauce.

Yeah, it was sinful. Sinfully delicious.

Freaking Alex, she cursed the boy beside her. He suggested it, of course. "Hide and seek with a consequence is fun, my ass," She muttered, readjusting her position.

"Shh!" He shushed her. "If Mark heard you say that, he'd have your head."

Angela gave him a blank stare. "You know he's probably in one of those bushes out there right? Your butler's probably with him." It kinda sucked that the butlers had to keep an eye on the kids wherever they were but they grew accustomed to it.

"Details, details," The boy waved his hand dismissively. "Now keep quiet or else we'll get found. And I don't wanna be the one paying."

"You're the reason why it's like this in the first place! We could've just gone there together and split the bill with her but nooo, you just had to make this stupid bet," Angela huffed and sat crossed leg, leaning back. "And why are we hiding in the same place anyways? This defeats the purpose of her trying to find one of us right?"

"... point taken. But hey, this is fun, isn't it?" Alex joked, eyes crinkling, dimpled smile splitting his face in half.

Angela didn't fight the smile tugging her lips, instead shaking her head and chuckling. "Yeah, yeah, it's not that bad-"

"Found you!"

---

"Your eyesight hasn't changed much, just be careful about exposing your eyes to the blue light on your devices, I know how much you kids love staying on your phones. As for your height and weight, you've grown half an inch and your weight has increased slightly. Relatively normal for a growing girl, mistress," The doctor, Mrs Sansa smiled.