Chapter 11: I don't really have a choice

CHAPTER 11

Kyle had no idea where he was going. Yeah he had a GPS leading him to the address he keyed in, but essentially he had no idea where this was bringing him. It was like he was going there blind.

When he was nearing the destination, he noticed that it was in a fairly peaceful place in a really, really good neighbourhood. The building he stopped at looked like a condominium and just oozed exclusivity. The security guard had stopped him to call the house he was going to to affirm his visit. The process took about 5 minutes and soon he was at the porch, his car taken away by a valet specifically for visitors. He entered what looked like a hotel lobby, with a cafe available, most likely for those waiting or even the residents. He approached the concierge, telling the number of the apartment in the text.

The lady's eyes widened and immediately escorted him to the elevators, except they didn't stop to wait for any of them. She led him to the very end, where a different elevator was already waiting. It was clearly a separate and private one, the rest of the elevators were lined with black marble while this was the only one that had white marble with specks of gold. The concierge lady bowed to him as the elevator closed, taking him up to what he figured was the penthouse of the building.

Kyle couldn't help but wonder why he was told to come to this building? This wasn't the family mansion. Was this one of Angela's parents' properties that she thought was safe enough to talk about whatever they were going to talk about?

He didn't have much time to think about it, arriving at the floor and stepping out of the elevator. A huge mahogany door greeted some steps away but before he could reach out to ring the doorbell, it opened abruptly.

Standing in front of him was a man, in his late 20s Kyle figured, dressed in a full butler uniform, white gloves, pocket watch and everything. He had dark blond hair that was slicked back and his green eyes didn't betray any of his emotions.

"The mistress has been expecting you," He welcomed Kyle into the penthouse, stepping aside for Kyle to enter.

When he finally did, Kyle was amazed at the sight before him. The apartment was definitely the best one out of all the rest, it was a penthouse that had floor to ceiling windows, curtains drawn to let the afternoon sun filter into the house creating a heavenly glow to the place. The house was mainly brown, beige, white and grey, with an occasional splash of colour here and there.

The white couches that greeted him could easily seat 10 or more people, and there was an 82-inch TV playing Spongebob. Off to the left was the dark wood dinner table and a dream worthy white marbled kitchen behind it. Kyle saw that there was a sliding door that led to the outside balcony which had sunbeds (and was that a swing?), a swimming pool and a barbeque pit.

Kyle was interrupted before he could take in everything but he concluded that the place was enormous.

"Sir, if you'll just wait here," The butler gestured to the dinner table. Already, some maids were coming out to set the table with tea, cakes, and fruits.

Kyle nodded and approached the table, one of the maids pulling out the chair for him to sit down. He made himself comfortable while he waited. It was nerve wracking for some reason, but he didn't have to wait long.

"Hey," A silky smooth voice called from behind him. Kyle stood up immediately to welcome that familiar voice, but was in awe at the lady before him.

It was Angela alright, but this was Angela Hudgeman, he could tell. She was descending from the stairs slowly but smoothly, almost like she was gliding down. She had changed out of her uniform and into a simple lilac off the shoulder knee length dress that cinched in at her waist and flowed out. The collar was a sweetheart neckline, revealing a small silver necklace perched on her neck and she was wearing ankle strapped white block heels.