Chapter 17: She'd rather sit with Voldemort and Bellatrix

CHAPTER 17

Shouting. Alarms going off. Sirens in the distance. Gunshots that seemed to pierce through the air. It was never ending.

That was all she could hear. She brought her knees impossibly closer to her small form, retreating into the corner of the room. The rope around her ankles and wrists dug deeper into her already raw skin, sending spikes of pain as she moved them. She let out the tiniest whimper. The wall was cold, sending a shiver down her spine, but she didn't care. Anything to be further away from the noises outside.

He told her not to move. He said that if he returned and saw even a strand of hair moved, she'd never see the light of day. Not that she'd seen it for a while now. There were no windows, not even a crack on the wall that she could peep through to see any life forms outside. She was completely shut off from the world. Just four grey concrete walls and a metal door.

Fear gripped her heart as she listened to the noises outside. Closer, the noises were getting louder. Were people finally coming to get her? Did her parents finally find her? They'd never leave her, would they? He was wrong. He was just deceiving her. She believed in her parents.

...But it could be him. He might be testing her. Testing to see if she'd be disobedient. Refusing to be caught, she stayed still, breathing as evenly as she could. Soaring pain coursed through her side every time she took in a breath from when he punched her, so she made her breaths as shallow as possible.

Footsteps. Lots of them. Closing in quickly. She held her breath.

The door was hit with a loud bang, making her jump, the sudden jolt in her movements eliciting a groan. Her heart rate sped up, thumping loudly in her ears.

Please, please, please, she begged, not him. She shut her eyes, head dropping low, she didn't want to be hurt. Not again.

The banging didn't stop. Once, twice. On the third try, the hinges of the door came off, effectively knocking down the huge metal piece. She flinched.

"Secure the area!"

In no time at all, the room was swarmed and filled with unrecognisable people clad in the same black uniform and gun vest, guns drawn.

"She's here!"

Mustering up the courage, she slowly opened her eyes, peeking through her lashes. It was blinding at first, too bright, and she ducked her head once more, cowering away from the light.

"Stand down!" A voice commanded, almost growling.

She saw a shift of light from behind her eyes, and took it as a cue to open them once more. Were they here to rescue her? Was she finally free? The man before her crouched down, hands open, palms facing up. There were no signs of any weapons on him, aside from the gun strapped in his vest and the knife tucked away on his right leg.

"Angela?"

---

Angela gulped. This was definitely the strangest and most awkward position she could possibly be in. Hell, she'd rather sit with Voldemort and Bellatrix.

Kyle had taken a seat next to her unannounced after calling out her name in front of Alex. Speaking of the latter, he simply watching in interest, munching on his own food.

Angela cleared her throat, finding the need to fill in the otherwise dead air. "Alex, this is Kyle Hawk. Hawk, Alexander Lockhart."

Kyle's eye twitched at being addressed less familiarly than Alex. Alex on the other hand, stuck out his hand in greeting. "Nice to meet you." He gave a dimpled smile. Kyle simply gave a curt nod before turning his attention to his fiancee.