Chapter 2: Dinner with the Hudgeman

CHAPTER 2

The afternoon of that Saturday can only be described with one word. Hell. While the morning started fine (Angela woke up at 11am, and yes, you know damn well rolled around in bed until 12 noon before she finally left the room for breakfast), Angela quickly noticed her housekeepers scurrying around the house. When she finally asked what it was for, she regretted the decision to ask because she was dragged into her bedroom and made to try on different outfits. Like a mannequin she stood there, being dolled up and dressed in at least 12 different numbers and her patience was thinning. 'If I have to try on another outfit, I swear I'm gonna lose it.'

"Mistress, how about-"

That's it.

"Enough! I don't want any of those clothes! Please, just let me choose my own clothes. I'll choose from one of the well-known brands so just leave me!" Angela blurted out.

"Umm... Mistress?" One of the helpers timidly asked.

"What?!" She snapped at her.

"Umm, M'lady said that she wanted you to select a dress from her line of clothing." She said in a soft voice, obviously frightened by her mistress' outburst. Angela felt a wave of guilt rush over her when she heard that the housekeeper just wanted to tell her to wear her mom's latest designs. Angela sighed and rubbed her temple.

"Okay. I'll do that. You're dismissed."

The helpers quickly made themselves scarce but before the last one left the bedroom, Angela spoke up.

"Call Mark here please."

The housekeeper nodded and left, closing the door behind her. Angela let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. She belly flopped on her bed and groaned. Her parents frequently travelled all around the world and sometimes they travelled together when they business in the same city. They always made sure to check back in with her because she lives in her own penthouse, separate from the family mansion. The only reason for living away from her parents was because the mansion was too big for her alone and she convinced her parents to buy her a penthouse in a nice area. Of course, it didn't come free. She had to make certain promises to even be able to leave the mansion. Her parents coming back together was a rare occurrence though. Usually Angela could only see one of them at a time due to their conflicting schedules. Though rare, she appreciated the idea of having dinner after the tough week.

Angela glanced to the side and saw the clothes lined up on the rack, the newest line of her mom's. 'Might as well look through it.' She shrugged and got off her bed. She was silently grateful that her room was big, because there was no way in hell all those clothes would've fit anywhere else. Going through the clothes, Angela quickly realised that her mom had deliberately dresses that she WANTS Angela to wear. 'This woman...'

Suddenly, there was a knock on her door. "Come in!"

Marcus entered, closed the door and started strutting in. "Oh my gosh, gurl. I am like so tired! You should have seen me working this b-e-a-utiful body all over this place!" He belly flopped on my bed. "Anyways, to what do I owe this pleasure of being called to your room? But let me tell you first that I will not do anything inappropriate for you if you know what I mean." He wiggled his eyebrows as he sat up.

Angela scoffed and threw the dress in her hand at him.

"Ow, hey, this is employee abuse," He pouted.

Angela laughed again. "Get off your ass, I need help choosing clothes for dinner tonight. Mom wants me to wear something from her line."

Marcus tilted his head sideways while propping himself up on his elbows on her bed.