Chapter 7: I'm telling you, you're gonna gag

CHAPTER 7

"Are you sure you don't need me to walk you to the gate, or at least 5 feet away from it?" Marcus checked once more.

Angela laughed. "Marcus, I told you I'm fine! Let me out of the car now, if not I'll be late."

They had arrived some distance away from Brook Academy so that Angela could depart without being seen by anyone on the way there. Marcus was worried for her, Angela could tell.

"But what if the big bad wolf comes and eats you up? Or someone chases after you? Or worse, that douchebag of a fiance of yours shows up and starts picking on you!" He flopped dramatically in his seat, the back of his hand on his forehead.

"Oh shut up, that's never going to happen. Now hurry up and unlock the door, I still have to walk there, you know?" Angela huffed.

Marcus reluctantly unlocked the door through the drivers control buttons and as soon as he did so, Angela was out of the car.

"Be careful! Watch your back!" He called after her. Angela smiled to herself.

Monday Blues were killer but she managed to keep her head held high. There was the dull pain in her arm, reminding her of what happened just the day before. It was wrapped in a bandage hidden under her jacket for the most part but a bit of it was visible because it was wrapped around her wrist and went slightly up to her thumb. It only added to her resolution to make sure that her first day back in school after a hellish weekend was a good one.

'Here goes nothing,' she thought as the glorious structure of Brook Academy came into sight.

---

Kyle was by no means a perfect student. He would sometimes doze off in class because he stayed up the night before playing games, or stared off into the distance when he was bored out of his mind. Every now and then, he would also text his friends while in class, mainly because they texted him first.

Even now, he wasn't paying attention to what his Mathematics teacher was teaching. In fact, his thoughts were occupied by something, or more accurately, by someone. Angela Hudgeman. She was really something else. Their first meeting wasn't a pleasant one, and their second was anything but. She was completely not what he expected her to be. He pictured a soft, spoilt, obedient young lady who barely spoke up. His expectations were completely shattered.

Instead, Angela Hudgeman was an enigma. Her finesse and elegance threw him off, she carried herself like an experienced lady in high society. He couldn't deny her charm and beauty certainly captivated those around her, drawing them closer to her. What shocked him the most was not just that, no, it's what was under all of that poise.

Her fiery attitude and the undivided attention she gave to her father's business was intriguing. She wasn't soft, she stood her ground and faced him headstrong, something he hadn't seen in a while. Clearly she was passionate about the business.

Yet, despite all of this that Kyle could see from her, he couldn't for the life of him figure out why she got so damned pissed with him. He went over their conversation in his head over and over again, but nothing note-worthy came up. He was at a loss. He was sure of one thing though. Angela may have tried to hide it from him, but he picked it up immediately.

She was hurt. Too caught up with finding out the truth, he applied too much force when he gripped her arm and wrist. Having her hands caught between their bodies when he landed on her must've been painful too. His mind wandered to the kiss. Though accidental, it was... not unpleasant. Kyle unconsciously reached up to brush his lips with the tips of his fingers. He could still remember how she tasted, if he squinted. It was nice...