•20•

Dad, Marco, and I are all sitting in the lounge area of their office.
"What do you need to talk with me about?"
"You know how I only took over for Dad because that is what has happened for generations. And I could have let one of our other brothers take over but they didn't want to. Which means I had no choice." Marco explains.
I nod in response because I was already aware of that.
"We have made sure that you are not in the dark with stuff concerning the mafia so you already know Carson has no bloodline and was thinking about merging our mafias so when he can no longer lead we can just take over."

Again I just nod because they already told me that.
"Well Carson wants to make sure that we won't just consume his mafia. He still wants it to be its own separate branch. He knows that we would never betray him like that but power can get to people and he knows there is one person who wants the best for both."
"Who?" I ask, already having my suspicions.
"You." He replies confirming them.

I lean back in my chair with a sigh. "So you want me to take over the American and Italian mafias?"
Marco nods hesitantly.
"But we are not going to force you to do it. It is completely up to you. We know that you are more than qualified and trained and you do a lot of work already but no one knows it is you."
"Can I have time to decide?"
"Of course." Dad says.
"Your mother and brothers have agreed although they weren't exactly happy. But we left it up to you to tell Zayne. Our members have voted and almost all of them support you leading because they know what you are capable of."

I got up to leave when Dad stopped me. "Noel, you don't have to do this. We want you to be 100% sure."
"Ok, Thanks Dad."

Leaving their office I decided to talk to Zayne later and just go train like I originally planned.

15 minutes later I kept getting frustrated because I could not get focused on my training. I grab my stuff and leave the gym. Figuring that Zayne would be somewhere with Matteo I head to the game room.
I get close to the game room and I can already hear them both yelling at the tv. I walk in and sit next to Zayne. They finish their game and Zayne turns to me "What's wrong?"

"How did you know something is wrong?" I ask skeptical.

"The look on your face and the way you are bouncing your leg shows you have something in your mind."
I couldn't help but smile because he knows me so well.
"I need to talk to you." Zayne put the controller down and took my hand leading me up to his room. As we left the game room Matteo gave me a knowing look. Guess he already knew that I would tell Zayne as soon as I found out. I wonder how long everyone has known. Normally they aren't that good at keeping secrets. Maybe that is why they have not been around for the last week or so because they were scared they would blab.

We walked into Zayne's room and sat on his bed. He was leaning against the headboard and I was sitting next to him Indian style.

He looks at me to show that he is listening and I can talk when I want.
"Dad wants me to take over the mafia for Marco. That way the American and Italian mafias can merge since Uncle Carson doesn't have a bloodline and I am the closest to a child he has. If I take over it is deemed fair because I have strong connections to both and most likely not pick favorites."

Once I explained everything I look at Zayne to see him shocked. Unsurprisingly the first thing out of his mouth is "You can't do that it is too dangerous."

"Zayne I think you forget who I am and what I am capable of sometimes. I will be fine."

"You can't guarantee that and your brothers are seriously ok with this!"

"Yes, well they are not happy about it but they all agreed it was the best option. And apparently the members have voted and they are ok with it too."
He just looked shocked.
"Dad told me I didn't have to take over and it is completely fine if I refuse. I told them I needed time to think and I want your opinion because I was hoping you would help me lead." I say nervously.

I needed his help in this. Without his support this would be almost impossible.

He slowly takes my hand and gives it a reassuring squeeze.
"I know that you would make a great leader I am just worried about you and your safety but I guess by now I should be used to the fact you are in danger ever day." He says with a laugh
"I support you in whichever you choose and if you choose to lead I will be right beside you every step of the way."

I leapt across the bed and crash him into a huge hug.
"Thank you. You have no idea how much that means."

"Anytime baby, besides how awesome would it be to brag to people that my awesome girlfriend is the leader of the most powerful mafias." He says with a boyish grin like he is a little kid again.
I just laugh and pull him in for a kiss. How did I get so lucky?