•18•

I woke up to the sun shining in my face. With a groan I roll over to get my phone off of my nightstand. The screen lit up showing it was 7:00. I reluctantly get out of bed and get ready. I head downstairs and see Zayne sitting at the counter. I sigh but still go in. I don't really know what happened between us or how to fix it but he didn't really acknowledge me and it hurt a little.
I was about to make breakfast but could not deal with it being awkward between us.
"Zayne can we go out to breakfast."
He looked up at me with a glare but when he saw my pleading expression his eyes softened and he nodded. He grabbed his keys and I text Dad telling him where we were going.
The car ride was not as bad as I thought it would be but we didn't talk, we just listened to the radio. We pulled into a little diner on the edge of town. It honestly wasn't the best place to have a diner, the surrounding area was a little sketchy.
We go in and get seated the waitress brings us menus. We order and when our food comes I look up at Zayne, luckily he spoke first because I had no idea what to say. "I get that you are overwhelmed with everything going on and you have a lot in your plate right now but don't push the people who care about you away."
I sit there with a thoughtful expression as I thought about what he said but all I could think about is when he said the people who care. Does he care about me?

Getting a little confused and over whelmed I excuse myself to the bathroom. I use the bathroom and wash my hands. I splash some water on my face and then stare in the mirror. Is it possible that he could like me as more than a friend? What would my brothers think? Is this all happening to fast?
I go to exist the bathroom right as I hear the stall door behind me open. What sent fear down my spine was that a man stepped out and before I could even snap into fighter mode he stuck a syringe in my neck and my vision started to blur. He started dragging me to the back wall of the bathroom where there was a window. Sadly it was a normal sized window making it easier for him to get me out. I realized I had been gone for a while and the last thought on my mind before I saw complete darkness was Zayne please save me.

Zayne's POV
As I sit at the booth waiting for Noel to be done in the bathroom I think about my confusing feelings towards her. I have never felt this connected or drawn to anyone before. Running a hand through my hair I look at the bathroom door. She has been in their a really long time. I get up and see a lady about to enter the bathroom and I quickly stop her. "Excuse me ma'am my friend went in their a long time ago. Could you please check on her?"

"Of course dear."

"Thank you."

She comes out a couple seconds later "Sorry dear, but there is no one in there."
My blood runs cold and without a second thought I walk in. I immediately see Noel's phone in the floor and I run to the back window. I see a guy dragging her towards a van. I jump out of the window and punch the guy in the jaw stunning him momentarily. Another guy jumps out of the van I quickly pull out my gun shooting them both. The shots were not fatal because I know Lorenzo will want to question them. I quickly pull out my phone and call him. I tell him to send guys over and that I have Noel.
Once I hang up I rush over to Noel who was still passed out on the ground. Luckily she was still breathing so they didn't give her too much of the drug. It is now just a matter of time until she wakes up.
Picking her up bridal style I carry her to the car and lay her in the passenger seat. I get in the drivers seat and start driving back to the mansion. Her parents and brothers are all busy and not home so I have to keep them updated on her condition so they know if they should come home.
Security let's us through the gates and I carry her inside and lay her on her bed. I take off her shoes and cover her with a blanket.
The mafias doctor knocks on the door, I guess Lorenzo called him. He checked her over and said that she should wake up soon but if not we need to call him. Thanking him as he leaves I walk to the chair she has in the corner of her room I sit down and pull my phone out. Now all I have to do is wait.

Noel's POV

I feel like there is a huge weight on me. My arms and legs feel so heavy. I muster up all the strength I could and open my eyes, I see that I am in my room. I look around as my eyes adjust to the light and I see Zayne sitting in the chair I have in the corner of my room. He has his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands.
I call his name but it come out more as a whisper. His head shoots up and his eyes meet mine as a look of relief crosses his face. He rushes to my side and helps me sit up. He hands me a glass of water which I gladly take.
I set the glass down and look at Zayne "How long was I out?"

"Three hours"

"How did you find me?"

"When you didn't come back for a while I asked a lady that was about to go in the bathroom to check on you. She said you weren't in there and I went in and saw your phone on the ground I knew something was wrong. I knew you didn't come out of the bathroom door so I went to the window and saw him trying to get you in a van. I shot them both in the shoulder and leg and they are now in the dungeon for your dad or brothers to question."

I was shocked that all of this happened just because I wanted breakfast.

"Thank you"
I went to stand up but lost my balance because I was still a little dizzy. Zayne wrapped his arm around my waist to stabilize me.
He helped me sit back down and I was about to apologize when I noticed he was staring at me.
He was still standing so he was much taller than me. He bent down to my height. "I'm sorry I wasn't there soon enough, I could have prevented all of this."
I grab his hand with mine "You had no way of knowing that would happen and you were there. If you weren't who knows where I would be right now."

He looked like he was having an internal battle with himself. " I could have lost you. I never want to see you like that again. I have never felt this way before but I like you Noel. Like really like you. I have no idea what you are doing to me or how to go about this whole relationship thing but I know that I don't want to be with anyone else. I know you probably don't feel the same way and that's ok I just need you to know" Without thinking I grab his face and pull him down to my height. I smash my lips to his effectively shutting him up and stopping his rambling. I pull away and look up at him to see him completely shocked. "Does that answer your question?"
I watched as the biggest grin I have ever seen him have stretch across his face. He grabs my hands and pulls me up off the bed. He pulls me into his chest and gives me probably one of the best hugs I have ever had. He is so much taller than me so he is able  to rest his chin on the top of my head. All I feel when I am in his arms is safe. Like nothing could get me and I never want to leave.

A/N
This is the end of part 1 thank you all for reading this far