•25•

I was pulled into the house my Luca and I was attacked in a giant group hug. And everyone was talking all at once.
"QUIET!!"

Everyone freezes and looks at me.

"I am ok and will explain everything later but for now I have someone for you to meet."
I walk back into the porch to get Lydia who stayed outside when I was pulled inside.
I usher her inside
"This is Lydia, she is 24, I found her at the compound. She has no more family and I told her that she would be safe with us."

Ma walked over to her and gave her a gently hug. "You are more than welcome here. Come, I will set you up in a room and you can shower and have a nice warm meal."
Lydia smiles back at her "That would be lovely, thank you."

They both walk away and I look over to see Marcus watching her leave. He catches me staring and I wiggle my eyebrows at him. He points a finger at me "Don't"
Everyone started laughing. I gave my brothers and dad a hug and assured them that I was ok before they all went up to their rooms.
I turn to see Zayne leaning against the door intensely staring at me. Uh oh. This isn't going to go well. He starts walking towards me and when he was right in front of me I could see just how mad he was.
"Zay-"
"Don't"
"You could have been killed today."
"But I wasn't, I had everything under control and I knew what I was doing."
"But that doesn't guarantee anything. He could have done something that you weren't prepared for or had more guards then you thought. I'm glad you're ok because I don't know what I would do if something had happened to you. You need to start taking your own safety seriously." He walked out of the room and up the stairs.
I stood frozen in place as I watched him leave.
I doubt he wants to be in the same room as me right now so I go to one of the guest rooms and take a shower. There are some clothes in the closet so I just go ahead and use them. I crawl into bed and try to fall asleep.
After tossing and turning for a couple hours I finally get comfortable and am about to fall asleep when I hear the door open and seconds later am pulled into a hard chest and feel arms wrap around my body. I immediately know it is Zayne but before I could do anything I drifted off to sleep.

Zayne's POV
After Noel got home I was livid. I was very proud of her for what she did for Lydia and that is one of the many things I love about Noel, her compassion for others that have not wronged her. But she should take her safety into account. I got upstairs and take a shower before crawling into bed. I expected Noel to come upstairs after a while but she never did. After a couple hours of laying there I just need her in my arms. I go from guest room to guest room until I found the one she was in. I saw she was just about to go to sleep so I pulled her to my chest and held her as she fell asleep.

Noel's POV
Waking up to the sun in my face a felt arms around my waist and remembered last night. I thought I was dreaming about him coming in here until I heard a tired voice say "Good morning sleeping beauty."
I roll over to see Zayne leaning against the headboard watching me. "What are you doing in here?"
"I was simply sleeping next to my fiancé. Why did you come in here and not our room?"

"I thought since you were mad at me you probably wanted your space and didn't want to see me."

Before I could blink he was across the bed and pulled me so that I was straddling his lap.
He grabbed my face and pulled me in for a kiss "Don't you ever think that. No matter how mad I am you can always come to me. Ok?"
I nod my head in response but I notice he zoned out and it staring at my face. All of a sudden he reaches up and touches my cheek. I flinch away and conclude that there must be a bruise from when the guy hit me. "Zayne it's not a big deal he only hit me once I promise."  That seemed to only anger him more. "He shouldn't have hit you in the first place. But we can't dwell on the past because you haven't eaten since breakfast yesterday."

He picked me up out of bed and carried me bridal style to the kitchen where everyone else was.

We got our food and sat down with everyone. I noticed that Lydia was sitting next to Marcus. I started smiling and Marcus just rolled his eyes at me.
Dad cleared his throat and got everyone's attention. "So do you care to explain your motive behind allowing yourself to be kidnapped."
"The guy was someone I had never heard of or seen before in my life and all he said was he was rising to the top and wanted to have power so he figured if he took us out that was all he needed to do. When someone is trying to hurt my family I'm not just going to stand by and watch because next time they might not try to kidnap they might just kill. You guys would have done the same thing." I looked around the table and saw them nodding in agreement. " I understand why you did it and I guess I feel this way because you are my little girl but I'm proud of you."
"Thanks dad."

After that discussion we just ate and enjoyed each others company. Looking at us now you would never know what we have do for a living.