•13•

It is halfway through the party. I have been talking to all of the people that stop me to introduce themselves and say welcome back. I am walking to grab some food when I see someone that catches my eye. He is leaning against the wall on the opposite side of the room observing everyone, much like I was earlier. I did not see him during my introduction. When our eyes meet, as cliche as it sounds, everything around us slowed down, it was like it was just us and no one else mattered. In a daze I turn and grab the food I came for a make my way to a vacant table in the back of the room. Sitting down I enjoy my food as I listen to the music.

"May I join you?" I hear someone with and Italian accent say.

Startled I look up and find the handsome stranger from earlier.

Unable to think of something nag to say I just nod and continue eating.

I finished eating and looked up to see him staring at me.
"May I help you?"

He just smirked and stood up. He stretched his hand out towards me. "May I have this dance?"

Only then did I realize a slow song had started and all the couples went to the dance floor.
Taking his out stretched hand I stand up and let him lead me towards the center of the room.

I put my hands on his shoulders and he put his hands on my hips as we moved to the music.

"What is your name, Bella?"

"Why are you calling me beautiful?"

"Because you are, now you never answered my question."

"Noel, but I am sure you already knew that."

"That I did." He said chuckling.

"What about you, what is your name?"

He twirls me away from him and as he twirls me back he says "Zayne Romero."

Zayne's POV
My father and I rush to get to the party on time since we were busy.....taking care of some people.
We pull in and see that we are quite late but oh well.
Walking in I see a lot of people having fun. I head over to the back corner of the room and observe everyone when I feel someone's eyes on me. I look up and not to be cheesy or anything but I see the most beautiful girl I have ever layer eyes on. I quickly realize that it is Noel Russo, our lost Italian princess. She is in the most beautiful dress and I get a little jealous with the fact that other guys are seeing her like this. What is wrong with me, I don't get jealous or care about other people.

I notice she heads over to an empty table and starts eating while looking around with an watchful eye.

Slowly I make my way over to her table.

"May I join you?" I ask even though I was going to anyway.

Startled she looks up and nods her head but continues eating as I sit down.
I continue to stare at her amazed by how captivated I am by her and she catches me staring. I hear a slow song come on and offer her a dance. While dancing I got a closer look at her and noticed the small things. Like how tiny she was compared to me, she has freckles across her nose and cheeks, her eyes were a dark green with little hints of gold when the light hit just right.
Before I knew it the song was over and we headed back to the table. I was a little bummed out because we weren't dancing anymore but I had a feeling that we would be seeing a lot more over each other. And I just knew that she was the one for me. Don't ask me how but I just know.