•5•

Noel's POV
Driving back to the house I had so many questions. But my top question is do they really think I don't know who they are.
Pulling up to the house I jumped out and went inside followed by everyone else. Ignoring everyone's stares I walk into the kitchen to grab my favorite snack...gold fish.
Walking back into the living room I stand behind the chair Ma is in.
The older one looks at me and says almost cautiously "Noel, I am"— "You are Lorenzo Russo the leader of the Italian Mafia."

They were all shocked but he recovered and said "Then that makes you Noel Russo the only daughter of the Italian Mafia."

Shock was an understatement, my whole life had been a lie. Before I could respond the front door was opened quickly and I heard Uncle Carson's voice "Noel don't go to the fight tonight there is another mafia on our territory."
In a deadly calm voice I said "A little late Uncle Carson but while you are here are you staying for dinner?"

The guys all jumped up at once

"FIGHT!?"

"UNCLE CARSON!?"

"FOOD!?

The sound of a slap sounded through the room.

"OWW WHY DID YOU HIT ME!!!"

"Because you are an idiot, when are you not thinking about food."

"When I am eating."

Lorenzo got in between them

"Twins calm down."

Lorenzo's POV
I watch as Noel walks up to the second most feared mafia leader in the world and questions him like it is a normal day.
"Did you know?"

"Know what?" He replies in a calm voice.

"Oh please, don't you think I know you well enough by now to know when you are lying."

With a sigh he gave in "Fine, I did know but I couldn't tell you because Vivian said you weren't safe and I know you would have tried to run off to Italy."

She then turns to me with a shockingly calm face and says in a voice void of any emotion, "Explain"

I motioned for her to sit down, Carson sits on the love seat opposite of the couch we are sitting on and Noel sits next to him with her head on his shoulder.
I look to Carson "You need to leave." He looked at Noel reassuringly and she shook her head "No, whatever you have to say to me you can say to him"
I look over to Vivian and she gives  me gentle a nod to continue. I guess if she thinks it is ok to tell him I will trust her judgment.

"When you were a baby I was given a tip that there were spies planted in our mafia by the Russian Mafia. We looked into it and they were trying to figure out a plan to kidnap you to gain power over us. To keep you safe I sent you and your mother here with the promise to come get you once the threat was gone. I just didn't realize the town I sent you to was run by the American Mafia."

The room fell silent until Vivian asked "Who wants dinner?"

"ME!!" Angelo all but screams